Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Tupper/Saranac/Placid Trails

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1

    Default Tupper/Saranac/Placid Trails

    Has anyone been up there recently?
    How's the trails conditions?
    Are they good trails in general?
    Is Lake Placid sled friendly?

    I'm looking to do a loop up there next week?

    Any info would be great.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    S-59 Sherrill, NY
    Posts
    2,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OOPS View Post
    Has anyone been up there recently?
    How's the trails conditions?
    Are they good trails in general?
    Is Lake Placid sled friendly?

    I'm looking to do a loop up there next week?

    Any info would be great.

    Thanks!
    Placid is not sledder friendly,

    Rails still not ridable.
    Tri-Valley Trail Riders

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The 'Cuse
    Posts
    354

    Default

    X2 on Placid. The last time I was there the trail dead ended at the train station. Then you had to hoof it to the nearest food-bar.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Weather may kill your plans as well as LP not being sled friendly (yet NYSSA has had their annual meetings there---go figure)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6,165

    Default

    Humm for supposedly not being sled friendly why is there a trail right to the Crowne Plaza?
    Yes the rails are not sled friendly but you gotta lay off the fake news.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The 'Cuse
    Posts
    354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    Humm for supposedly not being sled friendly why is there a trail right to the Crowne Plaza?
    Yes the rails are not sled friendly but you gotta lay off the fake news.
    Roady - Where's the turn off the main trail to the Crowne? Is it along Old Military Rd along Mill Pond? I can't find an online map that shows it. Do you have a map you could post a pix of with that detail? Thanks!

    And unless you're staying at the Crowne, that's still a hike to anything carrying your gear.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oko View Post
    Roady - Where's the turn off the main trail to the Crowne? Is it along Old Military Rd along Mill Pond? I can't find an online map that shows it. Do you have a map you could post a pix of with that detail? Thanks!

    And unless you're staying at the Crowne, that's still a hike to anything carrying your gear.
    You would have to ask Jim McCulley I havenít done it yet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •