Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Governors ride?

Must be he hasn't needed any photo ops lately as he hasn't been around the past few years.

And if you think he's snowmobile friendly you really haven't paid much attention sure he dropped a few crumbs but that's it.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    And if you think he's snowmobile friendly you really haven't paid much attention sure he dropped a few crumbs but that's it.
    So which governor has been more snowmobile friendly in the last 25 years?

For the record, I did not vote for Cuomo and disagree with his stance on most issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ryder View Post
    So which governor has been more snowmobile friendly in the last 25 years?

For the record, I did not vote for Cuomo and disagree with his stance on most issues.
    Show me where I said there was a more snowmobile friendly Governor?
    This one is supreme showman who uses people and groups as props like no other in order to present the look at what I did opportunity.

Nice try though.

He is a showman and loves a good PR opportunity, and says things to get attention, good and bad...sounds like another major figure in the spotlight these days.

I agree with Trail Ryder - this was a PR opportunity, but to what audience? Anyone who paid attention to this event did not vote for him and will not vote for him as a result. This was not a captive audience of potential Cuomo voters, and it was nowhere near a major media market. In fact, dare I state that his core group of supporters probably despise snowmobiling, so, if anything, this may have been a political risk.

I believe Cuomo legitimately supports snowmobiling to the greatest extent an Albany politician with downstate roots can ... and I do not think you are going to get any closer to a supporter of snowmobiling in the governor's office in NYS than what you see in Andrew Cuomo, sorry.
    Despite what you read on this site, we are in the Golden Age of Snowmobiling.
    Our trails are in good to excellent condition 90% + of the time.
    Our clubs are, for the most part, well-run by dedicated volunteers and leadership.
    Grooming is pretty consistent across the State.
    Your sled is likely the most comfortable, reliable and fuel efficient snowmobile you've ever owned.

NYS Extreme Environmentalists are pretty upset with him over his support of snowmobile trails in many recent UMPs, including the Boreas Ponds classification and the decision to convert the northern portion of the Remsen-Lake Placid Travel Corridor into a multi-use trail which snowmobiling will be allowed on. Hopefully that fight will end successfully for us in our lifetimes!
    Hate his politics, especially the Safe Act, but the additional $5.00/registration meant $485,000 extra into the Trail Fund last season and a $540,000 (and counting) bump into trail funding this year is a definite plus for snowmobile clubs. Like it or not, Cuomo did have a big hand in that.
    Last edited by 800cc28; 6 Days Ago at 08:45 PM.
    Stay Right and BETWEEN the Stakes!!

Join a club WHEREVER you ride!

Quote Originally Posted by OrwellianCamper View Post
    He is a showman and loves a good PR opportunity, and says things to get attention, good and bad...sounds like another major figure in the spotlight these days.

I agree with Trail Ryder - this was a PR opportunity, but to what audience? Anyone who paid attention to this event did not vote for him and will not vote for him as a result. This was not a captive audience of potential Cuomo voters, and it was nowhere near a major media market. In fact, dare I state that his core group of supporters probably despise snowmobiling, so, if anything, this may have been a political risk.

I believe Cuomo legitimately supports snowmobiling to the greatest extent an Albany politician with downstate roots can ... and I do not think you are going to get any closer to a supporter of snowmobiling in the governor's office in NYS than what you see in Andrew Cuomo, sorry.
    He plays both sides just look at the natural gas fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ryder View Post
    As much as I disagree with Andy's stance on most issues. He has been the most snowmobile friendly NY governor that I can recall.

I approve of this message!!!
    Member of:
    Mexico
    Pulaski Boylston
    Square Valley
    Southern Tug Hill
    Barnes Corners
    TC Riders
    Kasoag
    Redfield
    Valley
    Winona

It's Tabolt. Not Talbot.

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    This one is supreme showman who uses people and groups as props like no other in order to present the look at what I did opportunity.
    Oh. So you mean he is a Liberal Democrat....

Along the lines of what Orwellian Camper and 800cc have said, I agree 100%. His base is not snowmobilers, so he has taken a risk by simply acknowledging us without condemnation. But I think more than any of his predecessors, he understands the real economic impact we bring. He also understands that with this state, especially upstate, being starved for economic opportunities, that he can't drive any of us away.
    I hate the guy, but from a standpoint of where he has stood in regards to my very favorite thing on the planet that isn't my wife or kids, he hasn't been bad. Hell, if he can get the tracks ripped up from Remsen to Tupper, I'd even vote for him!!

well, lets not get crazy...
    Last edited by Coondog2707; 6 Days Ago at 09:13 PM.
    Member of:
    Mexico
    Pulaski Boylston
    Square Valley
    Southern Tug Hill
    Barnes Corners
    TC Riders
    Kasoag
    Redfield
    Valley
    Winona

It's Tabolt. Not Talbot.

Quote Originally Posted by Coondog2707 View Post
    Oh. So you mean he is a Liberal Democrat....
    Its not that hes a liberal or a conservative, hes a politician.

Quote Originally Posted by orangef7 View Post
    Its not that hes a liberal or a conservative, hes a politician.
    Hes a moron that plays both sides an both are too stupid to realize it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast