Thread: No Snow Blues

Default No Snow Blues

My wife and several friends returned Sunday from seven days of riding in Maine, out of a little town called Washburn. The trails were fantastic up there; obviously no good around here.

It is a long hall; however we put close to 1,000 miles on the sleds riding seven days in a row on near perfect trails.

The people in Maine like snowmobilers. I had an issue with an ignition switch shorting out on my new sled. The parts guy said that they had none in stock and would have to order it. It would not come in until after we left on Saturday. It wasn't a big deal, unless it got worst and became an issue.

The one owner was present for the conversation and advised the parts clerk to take one off a new sled on the display floor, then replace that one with the one he would order. You have to like good service. I will probably butcher the spelling. Plourd and Plourd in Caribou This is the second year in a row that they went above and beyond for us.

Who would of thought we would have 3 poor years in a row in the central pa mountains. I bought a new sled in 16 and only put 650 miles on it in pa over three years. I guess itís time to travel.
    2014 Mxz Sport 600 Ace- wifes
    2015 Mxz TnT 900 Ace - mine

Default Still hope

2014 Mxz Sport 600 Ace- wifes
    2015 Mxz TnT 900 Ace - mine

A friend of mine offered a place to stay in Bass Harbor Maine and i have never been anywhere in ME. But it seemed to me according to the weather people that even they were getting the same BS weather as the rest of us. My friend is not a snowmobile enthusiast so i can't count on him for the conditions. And on trailconditions for Maine there is nothing, so who do you go to for a report aside from a post like this one in PA. And thanks by the way, it gives me something to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by newdoo View Post
    A friend of mine offered a place to stay in Bass Harbor Maine and i have never been anywhere in ME. But it seemed to me according to the weather people that even they were getting the same BS weather as the rest of us. My friend is not a snowmobile enthusiast so i can't count on him for the conditions. And on trailconditions for Maine there is nothing, so who do you go to for a report aside from a post like this one in PA. And thanks by the way, it gives me something to think about.
    Not sure there is much riding in the Bass Harbor area.
    mesnow.com is good resource for all things Maine.

Yes i thought about that too but i am sure there is a main trail system within driving distance. Thanks for the information.

If it is the same Bass Harbor I am thinking of it is on Mt Desert Island, further out the island from Bar Harbor. I would think it would be at least an hour to an hour and a half south/east of any riding areas.

mesnow.com

great reports
    lotta snow cams

Local establishments also seem to be honest on their reporting.
    Just remember, their "fair conditions" = PA's "excellent conditions". Not exaggerating.
    Last year we decided to go at last minute the 1st week of April, the hotel said "spring conditions, groomers had just stopped grooming for the season, but there are still some sleds running". We went up for 2.5 days riding and other than a brutal 5-6 miles of a freshly plowed logging road, the other 350 miles were perfect! This was West Forks area.

Quote Originally Posted by newdoo View Post
    you could check out hard core sledder site.

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/276-maine/
    2017 tnt 900 ACE
    2011 gsx 600 etec