Thread: Maine Trip Pics

Default Maine Trip Pics

We just got back from Maine. Rode 826 miles of great trails. If it could only snow like that here
    Here are some Pics

Name:  DSCF0749.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  12.7 KB Name:  DSCF0762.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  16.7 KB Name:  DSCF0751.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  14.5 KB

Name:  DSCF0754.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  17.4 KB Name:  DSCF0761.jpg
Views: 531
Size:  16.5 KB

sadly it doesn't seem to snow here like it used to
    and as great as Maine is, its a LONG haul, loved all my trips there, but when your towing sleds more than riding them, its a hard pill to swallow these days, and or getting others to do, to go along with you!
    I too wish either we got better snow, or Maine was closer!, as well as a few other places! LOL
    Nice pic's , glad you got some seat time in!

Default ME to MI

Pics are nice but wouldve been much nicer with a couple SKI DOO's in front. lol . Glad you guys had a good trip. Saw Hawkster was up there too, sounded like they had a good one as well.
    Don't know if we were just lucky or what, but we had a great trip to the UP. Although just as far was a MUCH easier haul except for the snow in MI on way up and the storm that put us in 4WD the whole way Through PA comin home. think was about between 750 and 775 one way. Also think David had 950ish on his sled I registered about 930, as you know the cats usually show a little more.
    When we were in Naubinway went to a snowmobile museum had probably every sled ever made. I thought I knew a lot bout old sleds but was so many even I never heard of. Sure brought back memories.
    We'll have to get together and share our stories, maybe next week check your calendar .
    Oh cant post any of our pics, as they are all on Davids and Lucy's phones, I'll try to get him to putem on something so I can c and share them.

Yes, Janine and I were there, arrived on Feb 9th and left on the 17th... seven "riding days" Fantastic time, close to 1,000 miles on the sleds. Conditions were fantastic. I was a little concerned about you guys being there the week after we left... weather seemed to be deteriorating.

Sure glad that you ended up with a good week. Yes... long hall.

We stayed at Aroostook Hospitality Inn in Washburn.

We started out in Millinocket and rode to Fort Kent. Spent one day riding the northern areas. Then rode to Presque Isle (our short day because of warm temps and rain in the morning) . Then back to Millinocket.

Default Limestone aroostook

I lived on Loring AFB my kindergarten year 1979 I remember riding on a caboose until April. There was still snow melt into late April. I guess I didnít know how good I had it then. I just hope we get some good snow in PA again at some point.