Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum

Default Forum

I know there are not many Forum fan's on here. It looks like there is going to be big turnout this year as of last week two Hotels sold out that and NYSSA had blocks of rooms saved at. And now they added another one.
    Groomer Master
    Groomer Operator
    Trail Boss
    former President

Quote Originally Posted by tsnow View Post
    I know there are not many Forum fan's on here. It looks like there is going to be big turnout this year as of last week two Hotels sold out that and NYSSA had blocks of rooms saved at. And now they added another one.
    Donít worry Hal will get his room paid for even though he doesnít qualify and some object because the organization has no balls at all.
    Itís all about money to some of the directors and employees.

Default Same thing over and over

I'm totally amazed how the same people go year after year and bring nothing back to the clubs. Here's the question how do you go for 20 years and take the same classes maybe change it up once and awhile and feel good about yourself knowing your just taking money from your club for a paid vacation ? Question 2 how many have learned something that they learned from those that went ? The only thing I can figure is a lot of C.R.S. going around.
    No B.S. here, just fact.Ask me.
    1% er

Quote Originally Posted by Loner 618 View Post
    I'm totally amazed how the same people go year after year and bring nothing back to the clubs. Here's the question how do you go for 20 years and take the same classes maybe change it up once and awhile and feel good about yourself knowing your just taking money from your club for a paid vacation ? Question 2 how many have learned something that they learned from those that went ? The only thing I can figure is a lot of C.R.S. going around.
    Maybe the clubs arenít sending the best and the brightest members?

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    Donít worry Hal will get his room paid for even though he doesnít qualify and some object because the organization has no balls at all.
    Itís all about money to some of the directors and employees.
    If you could see me... This is my shocked face!

You mean that members and directors go just to get a free vacation at their clubs expense???

As I have said many times in the past it is time for NYSSA to go! They do as little as possible for the clubs and snowmobilers and have absolutely NO INFLUENCE with Parks and The State.
    "Persistent Violator"

Quote Originally Posted by orangef7 View Post
    Maybe the clubs arenít sending the best and the brightest members?
    Sad to say the best and brightest have a conscience.
    1% er

I've been going to the forum for many years and I have to say I've learned something every year but that just me. I don't go to party I go to find out anything new i can and bring it back to the club. I know some club send member that get there on Friday night and they start partying and stay out all night and miss many of the classes they we're going to take Saturday and them they go to the banquet Saturday night and do it all over again and end up missing Sundays meeting. These are the ones that are screwing there clubs so in theses case's the club might as well not have sent anyone
    Groomer Master
    Groomer Operator
    Trail Boss
    former President

Quote Originally Posted by tsnow View Post
    I've been going to the forum for many years and I have to say I've learned something every year but that just me. I don't go to party I go to find out anything new i can and bring it back to the club. I know some club send member that get there on Friday night and they start partying and stay out all night and miss many of the classes they we're going to take Saturday and them they go to the banquet Saturday night and do it all over again and end up missing Sundays meeting. These are the ones that are screwing there clubs so in theses case's the club might as well not have sent anyone
    Many times over the years court has been held in hallways, hotel rooms, parking lots, bar rooms and various other places. It seems at times one can learn more there than by going to some of the sessions.

This is a topic we talk about every year the forum roles around. You know the people of N.Y.S.S.A. read what we talk about but it seems like it falls on death ears. As I've said in the past Syr. is central, you can almost go any where in the state in 2 hours. Clubs could rent a bus for the couple of days at I would say at 1/3 the cost of hotel rooms. Another thing is most clubs that border each other that are close could have a meeting place to catch the bus and that would cut the cost in half for the bus rental. If you really want to go and your with in 1 hour you can drive yourself back and forth and if you want to stay and party the hotel room is on you. How many do you think would go if they knew that party was over ? Everybody knows it's a big cost to the clubs to send people and it's like N.Y.S.S.A. doesn't care about what the clubs have to spend. N.Y.S.S.A. please listen to us, We the clubs do not have deep pockets like you do and we can't keep affording this endeavor.
    1% er

Quote Originally Posted by Loner 618 View Post
    This is a topic we talk about every year the forum roles around. You know the people of N.Y.S.S.A. read what we talk about but it seems like it falls on death ears. As I've said in the past Syr. is central, you can almost go any where in the state in 2 hours. Clubs could rent a bus for the couple of days at I would say at 1/3 the cost of hotel rooms. Another thing is most clubs that border each other that are close could have a meeting place to catch the bus and that would cut the cost in half for the bus rental. If you really want to go and your with in 1 hour you can drive yourself back and forth and if you want to stay and party the hotel room is on you. How many do you think would go if they knew that party was over ? Everybody knows it's a big cost to the clubs to send people and it's like N.Y.S.S.A. doesn't care about what the clubs have to spend. N.Y.S.S.A. please listen to us, We the clubs do not have deep pockets like you do and we can't keep affording this endeavor.
    Seems like you have personal issues with your club and NYSSA.
    Does posting it all on here help solve either?
    If you disagree with what your club spends and the value of what they bring back, take it up with them. NYSSA doesn't decide who from a club goes or what the club pays for.
    If you want more info, then go yourself.
    Everyone wishes it was closer to them, but it is what it is and while centrally located, IMO Syracuse was the worst facility it has been at in years.
    We like many other clubs have a few who go for the free trip and party then bring back less than accurate information. That's the nature of any type of convention.
    I personally find most of it too dry and repetitive to dedicate a full weekend every year, but have also had some great conversations and learned a bunch over the years.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast