Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum

Quote Originally Posted by 600SDI View Post
    Seems like you have personal issues with your club and NYSSA.
    Does posting it all on here help solve either?
    If you disagree with what your club spends and the value of what they bring back, take it up with them. NYSSA doesn't decide who from a club goes or what the club pays for.
    If you want more info, then go yourself.
    Everyone wishes it was closer to them, but it is what it is and while centrally located, IMO Syracuse was the worst facility it has been at in years.
    We like many other clubs have a few who go for the free trip and party then bring back less than accurate information. That's the nature of any type of convention.
    I personally find most of it too dry and repetitive to dedicate a full weekend every year, but have also had some great conversations and learned a bunch over the years.
    I have brought it up at meetings on what the club spends and NYSSA does decide where it's going to be.
    I have been and what it has turned into is a joke. Example I heard last year in there private party room they had a cookie that looked like a mans private part and they were playing spin the d--k. Very professional No thank you.
    When I did go we drove back and forth we weren't looking for something for nothing.
    Syr. is central and there a lot more convention centers than it was at last time. So you have to ask , am I looking to learn something or is it atmosphere your looking for ?
    I've learned with my face in the mud and bullets going over my head. Don't stand up. No kumbaya atmosphere. I found if you want to learn you will no matter where you are.
    No B.S. here, just fact.Ask me.
    1% er

Quote Originally Posted by Loner 618 View Post
    This is a topic we talk about every year the forum roles around. You know the people of N.Y.S.S.A. read what we talk about but it seems like it falls on death ears. As I've said in the past Syr. is central, you can almost go any where in the state in 2 hours. Clubs could rent a bus for the couple of days at I would say at 1/3 the cost of hotel rooms. Another thing is most clubs that border each other that are close could have a meeting place to catch the bus and that would cut the cost in half for the bus rental. If you really want to go and your with in 1 hour you can drive yourself back and forth and if you want to stay and party the hotel room is on you. How many do you think would go if they knew that party was over ? Everybody knows it's a big cost to the clubs to send people and it's like N.Y.S.S.A. doesn't care about what the clubs have to spend. N.Y.S.S.A. please listen to us, We the clubs do not have deep pockets like you do and we can't keep affording this endeavor.
    Despite the claims some will make this site drives some at NYSSA nuts. And no be even has to take screen shots either.

Default Cry room

will there be a cry room available ; we seem to have had a lot of crybabies out there this year; mabe they can be started in some easier classes and work their way ou of clueless. thank you to all the active members who showed up this year ; your help was much appreciated!
    if i said it once, i'll say it again. what was it i said?

Quote Originally Posted by 600SDI View Post
    Seems like you have personal issues with your club and NYSSA.
    Does posting it all on here help solve either?
    If you disagree with what your club spends and the value of what they bring back, take it up with them. NYSSA doesn't decide who from a club goes or what the club pays for.
    If you want more info, then go yourself.
    Everyone wishes it was closer to them, but it is what it is and while centrally located, IMO Syracuse was the worst facility it has been at in years.
    We like many other clubs have a few who go for the free trip and party then bring back less than accurate information. That's the nature of any type of convention.
    I personally find most of it too dry and repetitive to dedicate a full weekend every year, but have also had some great conversations and learned a bunch over the years.
    I to thought I heard the sound of an axe being ground.

Quote Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
    I to thought I heard the sound of an axe being ground.
    No axe grinding here Gary. It just drives me crazy when I see money thrown away I.M.O. Our club spent over 2k last year for the forum. Did it benefit the club as a whole or just a few ? Could that money have been spent better else where like building repair, tools for the shop and parts for equipment ? As I said Syr. is central how many clubs are with in a hour or so from Syr. so they could drive back and forth , with no hotel cost to clubs ? How many do you think would go if they had to pay for there hotel rooms ? It's like your tax dollars paying for a Astro Turf football field at a school . Does it benefit every student ? And I am willing to bet those that are within a hour or so would still want the clubs to get them a room what the hey it's not there money. Jim lives 2 min. from me and if it was at Syr. I would go and drive back and forth would he ? And did N.Y.S.S.A. pay for his room when it was in Syr. ? The answer to all of these questions are very easy.
    1% er

No axe grinding here Gary. It just drives me crazy when I see money thrown away I.M.O. Our club spent over 2k last year for the forum. Did it benefit the club as a whole or just a few ? Could that money have been spent better else where like building repair, tools for the shop and parts for equipment ? As I said Syr. is central how many clubs are with in a hour or so from Syr. so they could drive back and forth , with no hotel cost to clubs ? How many do you think would go if they had to pay for there hotel rooms ? It's like your tax dollars paying for a Astro Turf football field at a school . Does it benefit every student ? And I am willing to bet those that are within a hour or so would still want the clubs to get them a room what the hey it's not there money. Jim lives 2 min. from me and if it was at Syr. I would go and drive back and forth would he ? And did N.Y.S.S.A. pay for his room when it was in Syr. ? The answer to all of these questions are very easy.
    I live less then 30 minutes away for Syracuse and you bet if the club wanted me to go they pay for my room, food and gas or I wouldn't go. I spend enough of my own money doing things for the club.
    Groomer Master
    Groomer Operator
    Trail Boss
    former President

One thing I would like to see done at the Forum is that NYSSA would Video tape all the Classes so each club could get a copy of them or have it on NYSSA web site for down load. That way if a member was interested in seeing a class the club would have it. This way clubs could send less people but could see more benefit from the classes.
    Groomer Master
    Groomer Operator
    Trail Boss
    former President

Quote Originally Posted by tsnow View Post
    One thing I would like to see done at the Forum is that NYSSA would Video tape all the Classes so each club could get a copy of them or have it on NYSSA web site for down load. That way if a member was interested in seeing a class the club would have it. This way clubs could send less people but could see more benefit from the classes.
    Great idea. Or at the end of each N.Y.S.S.A. meeting each month make it a all day thing where they could give a couple of classes so those that wanted a certain class could attend. 12 to 24 classes a year. There are alternative ways of doing things. But I'm sure they will say that won't work with out even trying or talking about it. One annual meeting to conduct business one day over and done with look at the money it would save.
    1% er

Quote Originally Posted by tsnow View Post
    I live less then 30 minutes away for Syracuse and you bet if the club wanted me to go they pay for my room, food and gas or I wouldn't go. I spend enough of my own money doing things for the club.
    I'm really surprised to see you right that. I was always under the impression that being a volunteer wasn't a quid pro quo situation you did it because you wanted to and didn't expect anything in return. I guess I'm living in the past.
    1% er

I'm really surprised to see you right that. I was always under the impression that being a volunteer wasn't a quid pro quo situation you did it because you wanted to and didn't expect anything in return. I guess I'm living in the past.
    Many people do many things for clubs that cost them personally. But we all have to draw a line somewhere.
    Where that line is varis from person to person, but to think that there is no limit to it is foolish.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast