Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Forum

Quote Originally Posted by 600SDI View Post
    Many people do many things for clubs that cost them personally. But we all have to draw a line somewhere.
    Where that line is varis from person to person, but to think that there is no limit to it is foolish.
    To draw a line is one thing but to expect something in return is another. You draw the line and say enough is enough. With what we all do for each club and to expect something in return the clubs would go broke. The clubs then are paying for the work we do we are no longer volunteers.
    No B.S. here, just fact.Ask me.
    1% er

Quote Originally Posted by Loner 618 View Post
    To draw a line is one thing but to expect something in return is another. You draw the line and say enough is enough. With what we all do for each club and to expect something in return the clubs would go broke. The clubs then are paying for the work we do we are no longer volunteers.
    I don't see where anyone was looking for something in return. Just not always willing to spend their own money doing things that are for the benefit of the club and it's members.
    Do you have an axe to grind with everything in your life, or just snowmobile stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Loner 618 View Post
    I never said I'm want something in return what I meant is if the club want me to go there going to pay for it. I didn't jump up and say pick me.
    Groomer Master
    Groomer Operator
    Trail Boss
    former President

Quote Originally Posted by 600SDI View Post
    I don't see where anyone was looking for something in return. Just not always willing to spend their own money doing things that are for the benefit of the club and it's members.
    Do you have an axe to grind with everything in your life, or just snowmobile stuff?
    Very unfair statement but your entitled .There are no axes to grind and if you only knew the time and money I have spent over the years for the what you call snowmobile stuff that I have done for the benefit of others not myself. I never took my sleds out of the trailer this year and last year never ran a tank of gas through them not to mention years past because I was doing "snowmobile stuff". I don't want to get into a pizzing match with you because I like a lot of the points you make in your post. I do what I do because 1. I like what I do for the sport. 2. I do it for the betterment of the club. and 3. You called it foolish I call it dedication .
    If you want stop by the barn in Pulaski looks I'll be up there all week doing "snowmobile stuff".

I get very upset when people want the clubs to pay there way to the forum and other things . In the very early 2000's we went to the forum on our dime not the clubs. I also remember who the first person was and what forum it was they asked for the club to pay , that just opened up the flood gates.
    1% er

I enjoy going to the forum. I think I've been 5 or 6 times in the last 10 years and I always take something away from it. I try to take courses that make me a better and more valuable volunteer.
    Chris
    Orleans County Snowdrifters
    Shawnee Sno-Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by tsnow View Post
    I never said I'm want something in return what I meant is if the club want me to go there going to pay for it. I didn't jump up and say pick me.
    I live less then 30 minutes away for Syracuse and you bet if the club wanted me to go they pay for my room, food and gas or I wouldn't go. This is what you said not me. If you live less than 30 min. away why would you expect the club to pay for a hotel room. I would call that getting something in return for what you do on the clubs dime.
    Last edited by Loner 618; 03-05-2018 at 07:41 AM.
    1% er

Paying you to go means you end up with money in your pocket afterwards. Reimbursing at least the major expenses means you don't
    spend as much to volunteer.

How many volunteers would be groomer operators if they also had to buy the machine?

[QUOTE=hamcotrailrider;232359]Paying you to go means you end up with money in your pocket afterwards. Reimbursing at least the major expenses means you don't
    spend as much to volunteer.

How many volunteers would be groomer operators if they also had to buy the machine?[/QUOTES]

Not really a great analogy.

I spend countless hrs every week doing something for the club even in the summer keeping club house and groomer barn lawn mowed and never ask for a thing . So when I go to the forum for the club and they pay for everything I donít see how Iím being rewarded for anything
    Groomer Master
    Groomer Operator
    Trail Boss
    former President

I'm probably making a mistake jumping in here, but this is how I see volunteering in relation to a snowmobile club. A volunteer generally donates his or her time/labor. Yes you may have expenses for gas, etc. that may never get reimbursed, but generally all you should be out of pocket is your time. I do realize some volunteers go way beyond that statement. The way I see the forum is the cost of attendance, room, even reasonable meals should be paid by the club (if the club has the funds to do so). I'm not saying reimburse me for my bar tab, just normal expenses for attending

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast