Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Northeast State Trails thornhurst/promiseland info

Default Northeast State Trails thornhurst/promiseland info

I never rode up in the northeast trails before, either thornhurst or promiseland trails, and I was wondering anyone live close to there know how much snow they got? Park office said 6 plus, just looking to sneak in 1 more ride for the season and I was wondering if it would be worth the trip. Thanks in advance!
    2007 600 MXZX

Default snow totals

I'm going by Scranton local TV weather, looks like Promise Land has more snow. Hopefully that's where we are headed.Have fun! Stay safe.
    Last edited by cspritz; 03-02-2018 at 07:37 PM.

Im looking to go sunday if its decent and it lasts tge day tomorrow. I found one guy headed up tomorrow ill post what he says its like. Are u going sat or sunday?
    2007 600 MXZX

Default snow totals

Trying for Sat. If i go will post conditions.

FYI...Customer of mine said rt 402 was closed this morning and he couldn't even get to Edgemere and had to turn around.
    Barn of Parts Sled Salvage
    Yamaha Parts & Service
    www.barnofparts.com

hey guys-

Here's a rundown of northeast trails. Not real sure of current conditions. Promised land usually gets more snow on average but Thornhurst trails are generally much much better.

Thornhurst is a mix of seasonal roads and woods trails. Very well groomed and the rangers there do a great job. Decent loops so you can usually make a couple hours of it. some of the joint use roads are technically open to trucks and once in a while you get some idiot who ruts it up going hunting late in the season. May even find a car stuck a mile back

Promised land trails are usually terribly groomed, disjointed and the trails system is a bunch of short legs that connect that you feel like you are going in circles the whole time. Mostly narrow woods trails with lots of rocks, check that.... there more like boulders!!! Again I never understood why the trails are so badly groomed with a groomer sitting in their pole barn.

Been quite some time since I been around this site....actually rode Thornhurst on Sunday.....as noted above, they have the groomer out whenever possible and it was out on Sunday, clearing ALOT of blowdowns! If you ride there, you can expect about 40-50mi of riding and conditions can vary throughout the park. Sunday we rode 42mi and trail conditions varied from awesome to bare spots! Name:  Thornhurst1.jpg
Views: 1121
Size:  22.0 KBName:  Thornhurst2.jpg
Views: 1128
Size:  15.7 KBName:  Thornhurst3.jpg
Views: 1136
Size:  25.0 KB

Default Snow totals

How much did thornhurst trail system get? Looking to get one last ride in. We didnít get much down here in the valley. Bust 👎🏻

how many miles to ride in thornhurst park, where to park coming in locust ridge rd or 115. thanks for any info

Trails at thornhurst were good today. Later in the day there were some soft spots and stretches thin or dirt but its def rideable. Was also getting bumpy and snow was soft on top but should freeze back up tonight.
    Park had 26 miles of trails we just ran around it different ways 3 times. 75 miles for the day.
    2007 600 MXZX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast