Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Northeast State Trails thornhurst/promiseland info

We rode Thornhurst Yesterday (3/17) for 53mi and today (3/18) for 30mi. Overall conditions were great! Today we got to speak with Tony the groomer operator from DCNR. He will be out this week around 4pm each day to get the trails set up for overnight temps. He's drawing from the sides where he can and is confident the trails will hold through the week. More snow is in the forecast for next weekend....but too far out to truly know. He also told us about a rescue operation they needed to conduct last night; seems two sleds went off the edge somewhere along the powerline!!! Anyway, great weekend for riding locally!!!!

did there plow open manny gordon picnic area or where can we park?

Quote Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
    did there plow open manny gordon picnic area or where can we park?
    Yes thats where i parked saturday.
    2007 600 MXZX

Quote Originally Posted by sledneck03800 View Post
    Yes thats where i parked saturday.
    did they get any more snow out of this last storm .do you think the riding be any good fri or sat

Default Pinchot

Rode there this afternoon. No additional snow from Wednesday's storm. Tomorrow morning will be ok. If its a sunny day......I'm afraid Saturday will not be rideable.

Default Pinchot

Is Pinchot area still rideable?

Default Rode there Friday

We got there Friday morning at 9 the parking lot is nothing but frozen mud and the trails were icy (temp was 25). By 10 it was getting very mushy (sun was out and temp around 32). There were a lot of bare spots already Friday morning on Tannery road. Going up the boundary line trail was mostly bare all the way up to Bear swamp trail. Coverage was pretty good on that side but was getting very soft. Did a double loop on the north side and came back to the south side. All the inner snowmobile trails were good but mushy. Tried to run the lower trails (Phelps, Sand Spring, Red Plantation) but they had A LOT of bare spots. Decided it was the last ride and loaded up around 12 (sunny and 36). One other couple was heading out as we got there at 9 and I talked to him when we got back as they were just loading up as well and he thought the same thing that it wouldn't last to much longer if it was going to be sunny and warm. I can't see that there is whole lot left today for the sun and temps we had on Saturday.

Default Thanks for your report.

Thanks, Greatly appreciated

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12