Thread: March 3rd pharsalia to erieville adventure

Default March 3rd pharsalia to erieville adventure

Parking lot at Prison wasn't plowed so 3 trailers parked at North Road, one on Doing Road. Guys from Vestal, Conklin, Candor, and Marathon met some friends from Norwich and headed north for lunch at the Blue Canoe in Erieville. Took us 4 hours, because we broke trail most of the way, got stuck in drifts half dozen times, had trouble on hills, blew a belt, etc. Snow was dry and we had trouble holding our line on corners and side hills. Pigeon Hill was nicely snow covered in morning and was horribly muddy in afternoon. We had 5 long tracks and one shorty had 2 inch snow paddles, but still had issues. We cut part of one blow down until we broke our saw, others were too big. On way back to we went a little faster because increasing traffic widened and packed trails. We only rode about 5 miles of groomed trails in Erieville as Snow Valley was out grooming. At North Road back in Pharsalia at 4:30 Chenango SnoRiders had 2 groomers heading across Route 23 to cut 2 giant blow downs. 80 miles of tough riding, some blow downs, lots of water, lots of drifts. Son and I got sleds in garage to thaw and wash mud off. We're going to be sore tomorrow, but had lots of laughs with friends.

CHENANGO SNO RIDERS
    BC SNORIDERS

Smittys Hill is all springs so itís either mud or ice. I guess it beats the road overall.

How many trucks on North road? There were 6 on Doing today.

Club president Brian and I along with Alf and a friend who came to help out from below Harrisburg were in the groomers 9 hours yesterday. Sorry we didn't get that way to do the trees until later in day. I'd say traffic was steady all day. Thanks for the pics.
    Stay right
    and slow down....

You aren't that good that you can't wreck

Roady, at 10am we had 3 trucks at North/CCC and I saw 2 trucks unloading at North/Center.
    CHENANGO SNO RIDERS
    BC SNORIDERS