Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3/4 Sunday Florance-Highmarket-Talbots Corners-YES! DeWitt NOT!

They were there on McGoldrick again today. The Tahoe was parked on the curve near the Barrows end of the truck trail, with the lights flashing. i went by and accelerated to about 45. About half way to North Road they had another police sled off the side, with an officer sitting on it with his helmet off. He waved as I went by, again doing about 45. Then when I got to the intersection there was another cop on a sled, talking to 2 snowmobilers. They had the whole trail blocked up. When I went by he was just looking at my registration.
    I have no problem with enforcement, but for God's sake fellas, spread out! one grenade will get all of ya.
    The most shocking part of all of this? I was only going 45! The trails were great, and you could have gone as fast as you wanted!
    Member of:
    Mexico
    Pulaski Boylston
    Square Valley
    Southern Tug Hill
    Barnes Corners
    TC Riders
    Kasoag
    Redfield
    Valley
    Winona

It's Tabolt. Not Talbot.

Quote Originally Posted by Coondog2707 View Post
    They were there on McGoldrick again today. The Tahoe was parked on the curve near the Barrows end of the truck trail, with the lights flashing. i went by and accelerated to about 45. About half way to North Road they had another police sled off the side, with an officer sitting on it with his helmet off. He waved as I went by, again doing about 45. Then when I got to the intersection there was another cop on a sled, talking to 2 snowmobilers. They had the whole trail blocked up. When I went by he was just looking at my registration.
    I have no problem with enforcement, but for God's sake fellas, spread out! one grenade will get all of ya.
    The most shocking part of all of this? I was only going 45! The trails were great, and you could have gone as fast as you wanted!
    Ever take notice shortly after going by the McGoldrick sign that says 25...there is another sign that says 55 just past there?

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    My thought, North of the border
    Wrong. Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by fejjj View Post
    Wrong. Try again.
    West, California? Maybe Montana?

Quote Originally Posted by oko View Post
    Snow depth just to side of trail along the RR bed.
    Attachment 3649

One 2-3-inch deep bare spot on Houlahan. Not deep,
    But it will scare you.
    Attachment 3650
    I recognize that one. Its right in front of camp.

this is the one that got me on Sullivan Name:  KIMG0468.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  20.7 KB

From one cranky ole white dude to another stop in sometime if you see me around. green roof just before you go up the hill on Houlahan.Name:  KIMG0471.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  21.9 KBName:  KIMG0462.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  22.8 KBName:  KIMG0461.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  26.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Tughilldickie View Post
    Ever take notice shortly after going by the McGoldrick sign that says 25...there is another sign that says 55 just past there?
    Actually, no. I did not! i have seen the 25 mph sign, and I know that state forest speed limit is 25, so I just quit looking! that is really interesting. At which end of McGoldrick is that sign posted?

There was an event at Winona a couple weeks ago and I knew there would be a law enforcement presence to go along with it, We had 3 teenagers with us, so I wanted to set the right example, so I tried going 25. You ever tried going 25 on a sled? It is downright painful.

I choose my speeds as dictated by conditions. if I get a ticket for that behavior, that is an outcome that I have made a conscientious choice to accept.
    Member of:
    Mexico
    Pulaski Boylston
    Square Valley
    Southern Tug Hill
    Barnes Corners
    TC Riders
    Kasoag
    Redfield
    Valley
    Winona

It's Tabolt. Not Talbot.

Actually, no. I did not! i have seen the 25 mph sign, and I know that state forest speed limit is 25, so I just quit looking! that is really interesting. At which end of McGoldrick is that sign posted?

There was an event at Winona a couple weeks ago and I knew there would be a law enforcement presence to go along with it, We had 3 teenagers with us, so I wanted to set the right example, so I tried going 25. You ever tried going 25 on a sled? It is downright painful.

I choose my speeds as dictated by conditions. if I get a ticket for that behavior, that is an outcome that I have made a conscientious choice to accept.
    Skidoo Ace 900 8 or 80 mph and it is as happy as a clam!

"From one cranky ole white dude to another stop in sometime if you see me around. green roof just before you go up the hill on Houlahan."

Sounds good. I ride my white DR 350 around there in the summer. You can find me at the FloHo wearing an SU baseball cap. I ride my red hd ultra limited to the FloHo too.
    Cranky ol' white dude.

At your age coondog, you better keep it down to 25 and with the right tin = no tickets

There is one on each end of the trail. Low to the ground on an orange stake.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12