Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dealer Demos??

Default Dealer Demos??

Hey folks! Anyone know of any of the brand's, well doo or yam, that are having their Demos? Time to start thinking of updating my wife's sled. I'd like her to try a few different sleds first.

old forge snowfest 3/9 and 3/10.
    Tri-Valley Trail Riders

Sounds like they might actually get some snow to let the demos happen... No Yamahas there however....

I wonder if they will have Yamaha demo sleds because those sleds aren`t new.

Thanks guys, was hoping somewhere on tug hill would have them. Oh well!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by dogmanxlt View Post
    I wonder if they will have Yamaha demo sleds because those sleds aren`t new.
    No, Yamaha will not be there.

For 2019, Yamaha has decreased their model line-up from 34 models to 12 models:

- 1 Mountain Model
    - 1 Utility Model
    - 2 Youth Models
    - 3 Crossover Models priced from $16,299 to $16,999
    - 5 "Trail" Models priced from $12,799 to $17,599

Start digging the grave. RIP Yamaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ryder View Post
    No, Yamaha will not be there.

For 2019, Yamaha has decreased their model line-up from 34 models to 12 models:

- 1 Mountain Model
    - 1 Utility Model
    - 2 Youth Models
    - 3 Crossover Models priced from $16,299 to $16,999
    - 5 "Trail" Models priced from $12,799 to $17,599

Start digging the grave. RIP Yamaha.

There are too many sleds and manufacturers won’t cut back on production. They have destroyed their dealer networks and hurt the used sled market.

I'd say Yami is being smart about cutting back production/reducing models. Be nice if the other 3 did the same. One thing orange f7 noted was pricing on 2 models and to that extent, mfrs are (IMO) getting to the point of pricing themselves right out of business or sled business.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepers View Post
    I'd say Yami is being smart about cutting back production/reducing models. Be nice if the other 3 did the same. One thing orange f7 noted was pricing on 2 models and to that extent, mfrs are (IMO) getting to the point of pricing themselves right out of business or sled business.
    Earlier this year I looked at a used 4 place trailer. When I called the sellers number I got his voicemail mail which said you’ve reached so and so from this investment bank. A couple weeks later I bought a used track from a guy in VT and he is a former trader who now runs an investment business. It became apparent to me that these people are the future of snowmobiling. They are the only ones who can afford $15-$20K machines.

In as much as I'd like to get a '19 6 or 800, I have to look at the bigger picture of where I stand on what's going to be more important in a few years when I retire and don't have the income coming in that I do now. Current sled is paid for, but looking at upgrading truck to pull the RV with. Can use the truck more than the sled. Likewise, my garden tractor is 30 years old (diesel), still runs fine, but would like to get something a tad newer like a '15 or so. Given all other bills and such, I think the sled will be put on back burner. Runs great and no problems---but like most, would like to just get a new one. OrangeF7 is right tho. Those that can really afford the higher priced sleds are those probly raking in 6 figures/year. Those buying on credit programs thru mfr's, well that can be good and bad. Sorta like just not too long ago where many overextended themselves and bought on credit and bada-bing-bada-boom lots and lots of folks in a financial mess.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast