Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dealer Demos??

Default Kidney for sale.....

Quote Originally Posted by jeepers View Post
    In as much as I'd like to get a '19 6 or 800, I have to look at the bigger picture of where I stand on what's going to be more important in a few years when I retire and don't have the income coming in that I do now. Current sled is paid for, but looking at upgrading truck to pull the RV with. Can use the truck more than the sled. Likewise, my garden tractor is 30 years old (diesel), still runs fine, but would like to get something a tad newer like a '15 or so. Given all other bills and such, I think the sled will be put on back burner. Runs great and no problems---but like most, would like to just get a new one. OrangeF7 is right tho. Those that can really afford the higher priced sleds are those probly raking in 6 figures/year. Those buying on credit programs thru mfr's, well that can be good and bad. Sorta like just not too long ago where many overextended themselves and bought on credit and bada-bing-bada-boom lots and lots of folks in a financial mess.
    Kidney for dale. Highly used, but still runs. Many miles of beer on it. Need new sled. Make offer.
    Cranky ol' white dude.

900 Turbo sleds at Old Forge had different mapping Ski-doo was still testing.
    900 Turbo sleds have the mode switch for Sport,Standard and Eco.
    Some yahoos could have changed settings and kicked down the switch trying to be funny or
    just not knowing and flick the switch.

On the current Ski-doo 4 strokes riders use the Sport mode for going all out with nothing held back.
    Standard mode is less jumpy and most used in tight bumpy trails so bumping the throttle won't launch you toward the trees.
    Also can be used by women riders.
    Eco mode is slower response and speed and can be used for loading on trailer and in really slow speed trails
    and when creeping around restaurants and gas stations.
    Eco also for kids riding as it's limited to 45 mph I think.

Buddy of mine has a '15 900 ACE and the ECO mode is super sweet when loading/unloading.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepers View Post
    Buddy of mine has a '15 900 ACE and the ECO mode is super sweet when loading/unloading.
    Also good for creeping up steep hills in between trees! No track spinning to bury ya. If you sink it down a little, put it in Sport mode and power it out like you would with a two-stroke.

I use Standard mode on mine. Best overall mode, in my opinion. Smooth, linear power delivery for light to moderate to borderline hard acceleration. Easy on the belt, easy on the track, and most importantly, easy on the trails.
    Despite what you read on this site, we are in the Golden Age of Snowmobiling.
    Our trails are in good to excellent condition 90% + of the time.
    Our clubs are, for the most part, well-run by dedicated volunteers and leadership.
    Grooming is pretty consistent across the State.
    Your sled is likely the most comfortable, reliable and fuel efficient snowmobile you've ever owned.

Quote Originally Posted by YAM182 View Post
    900 Turbo sleds at Old Forge had different mapping Ski-doo was still testing.
    900 Turbo sleds have the mode switch for Sport,Standard and Eco.
    Some yahoos could have changed settings and kicked down the switch trying to be funny or
    just not knowing and flick the switch.

On the current Ski-doo 4 strokes riders use the Sport mode for going all out with nothing held back.
    Standard mode is less jumpy and most used in tight bumpy trails so bumping the throttle won't launch you toward the trees.
    Also can be used by women riders.
    Eco mode is slower response and speed and can be used for loading on trailer and in really slow speed trails
    and when creeping around restaurants and gas stations.
    Eco also for kids riding as it's limited to 45 mph I think.
    Wow that makes a lot of sense, outfit the test ride sled with ****ty mapping so it gets rave reviews at the test rides. Smfh!

Quote Originally Posted by orangef7 View Post
    There are too many sleds and manufacturers won’t cut back on production. They have destroyed their dealer networks and hurt the used sled market.
    So true. My friend, longtime (30 + yrs) Doo, and then Yammy dealer (sno pro), just couldn't sell all the sleds Doo wanted him to take, so switched to Yamaha, then bikes, as 3 bad winters don't make sales of sleds worthwhile, then closed shop and retired. Excellent dealer...and mechanic...a real shame.

Quote Originally Posted by ClimateDeniar View Post
    So true. My friend, longtime (30 + yrs) Doo, and then Yammy dealer (sno pro), just couldn't sell all the sleds Doo wanted him to take, so switched to Yamaha, then bikes, as 3 bad winters don't make sales of sleds worthwhile, then closed shop and retired. Excellent dealer...and mechanic...a real shame.
    Yeah, our local Arctic Cat, Polaris, Ski-Doo, and Yamaha dealer dropped Arctic Cat and Yamaha, as they weren't selling well and all 4 manufacturers were cramming more and more new models down their throat when they had a ton of leftovers.

And another Polaris only dealer near me, dropped Polaris sleds, and just kept the ATVs, for the same reason.
    Last edited by Trail Ryder; 03-14-2018 at 09:34 AM.

Question Old Forge Demo rides - too fast..?

Last Friday - Old forge - 3 friends went up.

Bruce,Tim and myself ride all the time, our other friend... Marty... we're trying to twist his arm into buying one. He rides 4 wheelers, but not yet into sleds.

Sunday.... Tim was telling me that when they test drove the Polaris' , once they crossed the yellow bridge it was like the green flag dropped at the start of a cross country race..!!

He commented that when they stopped to switch sleds... Marty said..... "WTF.... Does everyone ride like this..??? "

After Friday.... Marty's not sure he wants to get a sled now.... didn't have too good of a first impression.
    Tri-County Drift Hoppers
    Snowmobile Club
    Arcade, NY
    Wyoming County

Cool

Yeah, the Polaris demo ride was fast paced and they warned me before the start of the ride, and said that slower pace demo rides were also available.

If your newbie friend wanted to go slow, maybe he should have stuck to the Arctic Cat demo ride. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ryder View Post
    Yeah, the Polaris demo ride was fast paced and they warned me before the start of the ride, and said that slower pace demo rides were also available.

If your newbie friend wanted to go slow, maybe he should have stuck to the Arctic Cat demo ride. LOL
    Not much wait in the Cat line.
    Polaris and Ski-Doo demos were quick paced ride.
    I rode the Polaris demos 3 times and the first time I learned not to get behind any other sled as I got roosted a couple times.
    Guys would slow and stop and I couldn't help but catch up to them (fast paced ride) and then they mashed the throttle
    and roosted me or the sleds following.
    For those guys it was all about doing wheelies over and over.
    Every bump was a chance for them to send snow,ice and slush back 30 ft at the rider behind.
    Absolutely no respect for the rider following as they never looked back.

Friend and I did piss off the rear ski-doo demo guy as friend pulled up next to me and waved to switch sleds with him as we waited at a stop and go spot.
    It was not a switch sleds stop.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast