Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3/7/18 Off the Hill Conditions

Quote Originally Posted by River Rat View Post
    Leadership that does not realize that trail maintenance is the purpose of trail maintenance entities.
    weather is a big factor; clubs have plenty of operators and usually enough maintained machinery ; if temps wren't cold enough for trail set up ; you are grooming for the first few sleds ; the machines break the ice over the waterholes; bad situation in deep water; trails on private lands are also a problem ; we don't want to do damage and lose trails. there is a meeting tomorrow night [fri 7pm ] at the Pulaski groomer barn; the groomer codinater can give you a good explination.. by the way ; my fields are green; sleds can't make it to the lake without doing damage to landowner properties I believe the trails are done for the year; lot of water.now !
    if i said it once, i'll say it again. what was it i said?

Default Hello RKW!

Went out and groomed that trail that you said should have been closed. Spent an hour or so cutting trees by myself because a gentlemen had said to me that he heard it was "smooth sailing" for the groomer to get through. No worries, heard that before and came well prepared with three running and sharp saws. Made the best of what I could by myself and pleasantly surprised how well it all turned out. I am the admin for our webpage, email, forum and Facebook page..not one message all week telling us what to expect. One groomer operator went out and had a saw quit on him, so he had to turn around on C4 Booty Hill. Pretty silly of him to only have one saw..such an amateur, lol. I started grooming with temps @ 31F, snow was a bit warmer..tough going for sure, like mashed potatoes. In Westernville it was pretty thin as I got closer to Mohawk River and snow improved as I headed up Quaker Hill on C4. I'm hoping that if you can post here, you can email us or call anyone one of us listed on our webpage to inform us of your displeasure.
    "Why does everyone ride a snowmobile like it's the last lap of the motocross race?"- Said by a new snowmobiler friend.

Default Facebook is key!

Quote Originally Posted by suseejr View Post
    I follow about 10 different club pages on Facebook. That is the best place for info hands down. Every morning they post if they have groomed and where . Updates on closings and hazards also. I just come here for the entertainment ��
    Clubs posting to Facebook do so because it is QUICK, gets shared and gets seen by thousands! Posting on a mobile device where some webpages won't allow mobile device to post with ease.
    "Why does everyone ride a snowmobile like it's the last lap of the motocross race?"- Said by a new snowmobiler friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Mk-82 View Post
    Went out and groomed that trail that you said should have been closed. Spent an hour or so cutting trees by myself because a gentlemen had said to me that he heard it was "smooth sailing" for the groomer to get through. No worries, heard that before and came well prepared with three running and sharp saws. Made the best of what I could by myself and pleasantly surprised how well it all turned out. I am the admin for our webpage, email, forum and Facebook page..not one message all week telling us what to expect. One groomer operator went out and had a saw quit on him, so he had to turn around on C4 Booty Hill. Pretty silly of him to only have one saw..such an amateur, lol. I started grooming with temps @ 31F, snow was a bit warmer..tough going for sure, like mashed potatoes. In Westernville it was pretty thin as I got closer to Mohawk River and snow improved as I headed up Quaker Hill on C4. I'm hoping that if you can post here, you can email us or call anyone one of us listed on our webpage to inform us of your displeasure.
    I messaged you a few times last season and you were quick to reply and appreciative of the trail feedback. How are you supposed to fix something if no one tells you that it is broken?

Default Hello RKW

I am sorry if I offended you about the TRAIL !!! I only put out there what I Ride on, It is this Site I get my BEST Information from because I & a LOT of others Don't see much TRAIL UPDATES on most of the Clubs Sites !! I know you all Volunteer as I did for 10-12 years so I know how it is, I Volunteer on my Membership EVERY YEAR but never have been called !!! as was several other people I know, so you mut have Too much HELP !!! ( Penn Mountain Club ) I think last year when I joined I didn't take the Effort to mark that !!!

Quote Originally Posted by RKW View Post
    I am sorry if I offended you about the TRAIL !!! I only put out there what I Ride on, It is this Site I get my BEST Information from because I & a LOT of others Don't see much TRAIL UPDATES on most of the Clubs Sites !! I know you all Volunteer as I did for 10-12 years so I know how it is, I Volunteer on my Membership EVERY YEAR but never have been called !!! as was several other people I know, so you mut have Too much HELP !!! ( Penn Mountain Club ) I think last year when I joined I didn't take the Effort to mark that !!!
    Every club has a monthly meeting if you really want to volunteer.

Default Ride early!

Left N. Utica this morning at 7:30 for a ride to Forestport....Deerfield, Penn Mountain and Trackside trails were perfect for mid-March. A few wet spots here and there but it was to be expected. Met the PM groomer just north of Mapledale heading south and had nothing but flatness all the way to Alder Creek. Had to go over the speed limit a few times so I could make the 9am club meeting at Trackside. On the way back the warm temperatures were making the wet spots even bigger. Get out there and ride early!Name:  20180310_083604.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  11.2 KB Penn Mountain Snow Riders trail looking north to Penn Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by RKW View Post
    Thats a new one volunteering your dues. What an entitled saying.
    I have a question who calls those you are waiting for you to call you to do the work?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12