Thread: MARCH 9th PHARSALIA TO ERIEVILLE RIDE

Default MARCH 9th PHARSALIA TO ERIEVILLE RIDE

Son and I left Prison Parking lot at 9:00am this morning. 9 mile CCC Trail was set up absolutely MINT flat with hardly a ripple. Chenango SnoRiders have the secret recipe of packing, panning, and grooming perfected on this trail. One pull down 9 mile and son and I were grinning like idiots! Back to North Road, across 23 to Pee tree, and on to Otselic, all groomed flat and hard with a couple inches of fresh on for good cooling and lube. Outside Georgetown we picked up a couple other riders who wanted to follow us to Blue Canoe for lunch. Moonlight Rider trails were groomed and hard, but bumpy. On to Snow Valley, also groomed and hard, but bumpy. In Erieville just before intersection to go right down to lake or left go over hill to come in behind Blue was an absolute giant mud hole that comes up over the running boards. Son was first over and floated the 144 long track, rest of us and everyone after got good and muddy. Another great lunch at the Blue. Back tracked towards Georgetown and at Morrow Mountain stopped to investigate something brown in the trail we saw before lunch. Coyotes had devoured a deer down over the bank and had dragged the skin and bare bones up into the trail. I tossed them off the trail so nobody would hit them or get balled up in groomer. Back onto sweet SnoRiders trails in Otselic and continued on to North Road at 1:30 pm son points down 9 Mile and I nodded and we did one last pull down and back. Absolute perfection still even after all the riders. 104 great miles, what a difference from last weekend! Mark

CHENANGO SNO RIDERS
    BC SNORIDERS

Quote Originally Posted by XCSP800 View Post
    9 mile CCC Trail was set up absolutely MINT flat with hardly a ripple. Chenango SnoRiders have the secret recipe of packing, panning, and grooming perfected on this trail. One pull down 9 mile and son and I were grinning like idiots! Back to North Road, across 23 to Pee tree, and on to Otselic, all groomed flat and hard with a couple inches of fresh on for good cooling and lube.
    Thanks Mark. , I got a buddy from Forestport who once said,
    It ain't rocket science ... it's just flattening snow.
    Last edited by crofty; 03-09-2018 at 08:16 PM.
    Stay right
    and slow down....

You aren't that good that you can't wreck

Around 5 or 6 inches yesterday. Both Groomers will be out tonight. One will go back out to Otselic, the other will go down towards Preston and the Outpost. Still very good in some areas , but there is still areas that need caution.
    Stay right
    and slow down....

You aren't that good that you can't wreck

Ski-Doo have a huge sale on sleds or something? Looks like that's all there was at the Canoe.

Isn't that a great shot? 8 Doo and my son's Polaris 800 Switchback Assault 144. Had him on a Doo for 6 years on my money, now that it's HIS money, I LOVE whatever he buys. LOL, Mark
    CHENANGO SNO RIDERS
    BC SNORIDERS