Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's time to play...

Default It's time to play...

... Truth or lie!

What say ye? has anyone noticed increased patrols this season or is someone yanking bird?

"Lewis officials tout beefed-up snowmobile patrol, expanding rec enforcement"

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/n...ement-20180311
    "Persistent Violator"

On my 3/9 ride report, I went thru a checkpoint. My first one in years. But I don’t usually ride the Hill on weekends, if at all.
    Cranky ol' white dude.

Saw very few law officers on the trail.i did see that old 90's blazer with tracks on the trail Friday.what a waste of money.they need to crack down on cans.sat at flatrock and Carey and just about 3 in 10 had a load can.wait till that blazer with tracks hits someone on the trail.heard it does 50mph.

Default Totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by smasher8383 View Post
    Saw very few law officers on the trail.i did see that old 90's blazer with tracks on the trail Friday.what a waste of money.they need to crack down on cans sat at flatrock and Carey and just about 3 in 10 had a load can.wait till that blazer with tracks hits someone on the trail.heard it does 50mph.
    I believe it's worse than it ever was. And they are just LOUD!!!

apparently our calls, emails, letters to legislators, board members, LEO departments (parks, dec, sheriff) plus attendance at the lewis county board meetings made a difference.
    Winona Forest Snowmobile Club
    Pulaski Boylston Snowmobile Club
    Redfield Snowmobile Club

I've seen more this year than I have since the 1990's.

We have seen them out more this year. Every time been to the hill passed the 2 Lewis county sleds. last time we seen them at end of smith road when we were coming back to the truck. one guy in group just bought a new sled and did not get the stickers yet. He went over to tell them that and sheriff goes "just go".
    Tri-Valley Trail Riders

Yup. I have seen more of them, and its a good thing. The guys with the cans, riding off trail and drunks are killing it for everyone else, and it needs to be enforced. These are all elements of the sport that need to go.

I love the sound of a decent can, but the landowner that doesn't shuts down his access, so we lose trails, put the burden of securing and building reroutes on overworked understaffed clubs, so we often end up on pavement, which blows. Same with off trail riding. Drunks? I love me some whiskey, but its time and place. You can enjoy a ride without being drunk. Save it for when the ride is through. Unregistered and uninsured is another problem. As far as I am concerned, this is a user pay system, dependent entirely on registrations and club dues/donations. There is no taxpayer funding or subsidies. If you aren't registered, as far as I see it, you are stealing a service and a product that others have paid for. Get them off the trail!

I welcome more enforcement
    Member of:
    Mexico
    Pulaski Boylston
    Square Valley
    Southern Tug Hill
    Barnes Corners
    TC Riders
    Kasoag
    Redfield
    Valley
    Winona

It's Tabolt. Not Talbot.

Default Chaut County too.

They were out on this side of the state too.
    Yesterday, riding in Chautauqua County, we passed two Sheriff's on brand new Ski-Doo's just on the top side of Cherry Creek.
    Tri-County Drift Hoppers
    Snowmobile Club
    Arcade, NY
    Wyoming County

Didn't see any LEO's until 2 rode by at the vintage races at Valley groomer barn.
    Seen more from mid Feb on.
    Friday morning passed by the Lowville DEC office and noticed the truck and trailer rigs ready to head out.

I've sent E-mails to LEO dept and NYSSA and county coordinator.
    NO response from Lewis County atv/sled trail coordinator.

In the emails and phone calls I've made,I have commented that if you ticket the crazy speeders and riders/sleds with illegal cans you won't be chasing away sledders spending money or business income from the county.The pissed off ticketed guys who don't come back will be replaced by families.

Saturday morning it was nice to see all the sleds stopping at the stop signs posted at ALL driveway crossings in front of the Edge Hotel
    and Boondocks restaurant area.
    NOT!
    Watched 3 sleds just blowing through all the stop signs and saw one using one driveway as a jump.

Between the stop signs at Tabolt Corners and at the driveways in front of the Edge Hotel area the Lewis County Sheriff's dept
    could pay for a sled in 2 weekends of ticket writing.
    That's not including illegal cans on every 40th sled or speeding tickets.
    I liked this part of article.
    "Sheriff Michael P. Carpinelli said he has also heard from business owners that they are seeing more families out snowmobiling this winter. “That was great to hear,” he said."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast