Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's time to play...

Quote Originally Posted by YAM182 View Post
    Didn't see any LEO's until 2 rode by at the vintage races at Valley groomer barn.
    Seen more from mid Feb on.
    Friday morning passed by the Lowville DEC office and noticed the truck and trailer rigs ready to head out.

I've sent E-mails to LEO dept and NYSSA and county coordinator.
    NO response from Lewis County atv/sled trail coordinator.

In the emails and phone calls I've made,I have commented that if you ticket the crazy speeders and riders/sleds with illegal cans you won't be chasing away sledders spending money or business income from the county.The pissed off ticketed guys who don't come back will be replaced by families.

Saturday morning it was nice to see all the sleds stopping at the stop signs posted at ALL driveway crossings in front of the Edge Hotel
    and Boondocks restaurant area.
    NOT!
    Watched 3 sleds just blowing through all the stop signs and saw one using one driveway as a jump.

Between the stop signs at Tabolt Corners and at the driveways in front of the Edge Hotel area the Lewis County Sheriff's dept
    could pay for a sled in 2 weekends of ticket writing.
    That's not including illegal cans on every 40th sled or speeding tickets.
    I liked this part of article.
    "Sheriff Michael P. Carpinelli said he has also heard from business owners that they are seeing more families out snowmobiling this winter. “That was great to hear,” he said."
    If the cans were only on 1/40th of the sleds it wouldn’t be a big problem. I think it’s more like 1/4 of the sleds. That might even be a conservative estimate.

even TOW has been out full force this year. 2 times in OF have seen them out. first time was slowest time up Trail 5 cause had a cop in front of us going 20 mph. in front of him was group of sledders that stopped in middle of trail and he went up told them to get out of middle of the trail.
    Tri-Valley Trail Riders

Quote Originally Posted by orangef7 View Post
    If the cans were only on 1/40th of the sleds it wouldn’t be a big problem. I think it’s more like 1/4 of the sleds. That might even be a conservative estimate.
    Fine money from tickets do not go to the county budget. Small portion goes back to the township it was written in and rest goes to Albany NY.
    If its written for unregistered snowmobile part of that goes to the PARKS fund for the grooming and enforcement. Many times the subject writes the District Attorney for a plea bargain, and its reduced down to a parking violation. fact of life !!!

Quote Originally Posted by General Patton View Post
    Fine money from tickets do not go to the county budget. Small portion goes back to the township it was written in and rest goes to Albany NY.
    If its written for unregistered snowmobile part of that goes to the PARKS fund for the grooming and enforcement. Many times the subject writes the District Attorney for a plea bargain, and its reduced down to a parking violation. fact of life !!!
    The court doesn’t have to accept the DA’s offer.

Passed two sheriff's on sleds at Houseville and Graves Saturday (10th) going slow, checking regs.
    I think encon roadblock over near Redfield a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by orangef7 View Post
    cans on one private landowners land is too many! they could close the trail at the drop of a hat. there is no contract to keep his property open to sledders; I have a few now and then; to get to my property these morons also have to pass close to other homes. seems some sledders could care less!
    if i said it once, i'll say it again. what was it i said?

They have a TRUCK outfitted with tracks up on the trails north of OF (Stillwater, etc.) also, so don't think you won't see them in the middle of nowhere!
    Check it out on Norridgewok's FB page.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12