Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You have to wonder what OPRHP does all week?

Default You have to wonder what OPRHP does all week?

Post subject: C4 South from Old Route 30 Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:54 am

Last Sunday we went south out of Speculator on Old Route 30 and then continued south on C4 (didn't cross the old bridge to go out to new Route 30). That portion of C4 appeared to be abandoned - while a few sleds had gone down there, it didn't appear that it was used very much (maybe people just parking down there and heading up to Spec?) and some of the water crossings were sketchy. When we reached the gorge, we took Teachout Road to Route 8. C4 south of Route 8 was not broken out at all - at least not since the prior two big snow storms and, based on blow-down and drifts, probably not since last year. Went about a mile in and gave up due to one of our sleds not having studs and not having brought a saw. Ended up at Spec Inn that afternoon and ran into two heroes that busted out that trail (coming from the Wells direction) shortly after we gave up. They had to dig out snow and remove a windshield in order to get under one tree plus a few other harrowing moments. They confirmed that the trail was generally unused going out to Pine Orchard. I'm curious whether that section of C4 and the trails connecting from there down to Wells are still official snowmobile trails or if they've been abandoned. While I like getting down to Wells, riding on the side of new Route 30 really doesn't feel like snowmobiling.
    Theyíve been told of this area numerous times with pictures and it still continues to be what it is. Trail fund money wasted on trails that arenít even passable. Maybe the new director will do something about it but I wonít hold my breath as there too much stale air in the room.

Maybe we should take Rosanne out and show her the tree that's "safe". Then go over to see if the mess we have multiple years of pictures is still there. No one has ever heard from Doug since he supposedly ventured out to cut trees some 3yrs ago. I'm not worried though I'm sure Thurman will still cash their check and meet their award on their private trails system they seem to have over there.

Default Then we have this BS going on in various parts of the state

Iím sure Joe Blow will pop up on this one.
    Name:  2CF0F0C9-5484-4801-94F9-8E17858BA90B.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  13.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    I follow cherry creek on Facebook in total disbelief. How do they rule that system like their own private kingdom? I canít believe that club members put up with that BS.

Quote Originally Posted by orangef7 View Post
    I follow cherry creek on Facebook in total disbelief. How do they rule that system like their own private kingdom? I canít believe that club members put up with that BS.
    Because that's exactly what it is. But yet they seem to be protected by some organizations and we all know Parks has no idea what to do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    I rode down there this past Sunday. I can't see when that message was posted but I can tell you there were a lot of trees down in that area. I'm surprised they they had it cleaned up enough to open at all. There were still a couple trails closed.
    Chris
    Orleans County Snowdrifters
    Shawnee Sno-Chiefs

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by can-amsledder View Post
    I rode down there this past Sunday. I can't see when that message was posted but I can tell you there were a lot of trees down in that area. I'm surprised they they had it cleaned up enough to open at all. There were still a couple trails closed.
    Did you get the sticker...?!?!

Roady is on a witch hunt.

What you don't see or what is not posted above...... is that if the trails were to open too soon without snow coverage in the lower areas would be the pizzed off landowners private messaging, calling, or e-mailing the club saying what the heck are you guys thinking, the grass is showing down here in town.
    Tri-County Drift Hoppers
    Snowmobile Club
    Arcade, NY
    Wyoming County

Quote Originally Posted by Drifthopper View Post
    Did you get the sticker...?!?!

Roady is on a witch hunt.

What you don't see or what is not posted above...... is that if the trails were to open too soon without snow coverage in the lower areas would be the pizzed off landowners private messaging, calling, or e-mailing the club saying what the heck are you guys thinking, the grass is showing down here in town.
    Not for nothing , but the whole blaming it on the land owner is a pizz poor excuse to not do what's right. I understand issue with landowners and have had to deal with it in person a few times , but come on when your trails should be open and they are not then funding should be pulled. If a club can't get their sh!t together then there should be consequences.
    Stay right
    and slow down....

You aren't that good that you can't wreck

What about when they post on Facebook that they have been out grooming closed trails. I bet there claiming them grooming hours.
    Groomer Master
    Groomer Operator
    Trail Boss
    former President

Question

Quote Originally Posted by tsnow View Post
    What about when they post on Facebook that they have been out grooming closed trails. I bet there claiming them grooming hours.

What about the other clubs, that don't post on Facebook and that don't groom,,,, but still claim grooming hours....?
    Tri-County Drift Hoppers
    Snowmobile Club
    Arcade, NY
    Wyoming County

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast