Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: The gorge

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Henderson,NY
    Posts
    64

    Red face The gorge

    Can anyone tell me what trail takes you by the Gorge ? Going out Thursday with a friend that would like to see it. Thanks for any help.
    Cats Rule

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Simple. If you coming up north rd toward tabolts corners make left at tabolts go to next intersection make a right then next intersection which is a little bit make left go down about 1/4 mile on right in the pine trees.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Rochester & Worth, New york
    Posts
    1,242

    Default

    C4H Alger Road groomed by valley Snow Travelers
    www.northernchateau.com
    www.facebook.com/northernchateau

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by apexpoo! View Post
    Simple. If you coming up north rd toward tabolts corners make left at tabolts go to next intersection make a right then next intersection which is a little bit make left go down about 1/4 mile on right in the pine trees.
    Good directions, just be sure to not take hard left at Tabolts which is old railroad. You want the slight left. Then a right at the next T on Houseville Gulf Road and a quick left on Corrigan Hill Road. Go down maybe 1/2-3/4 mile or so and the gorge entrance is on the right (When you come to a field on the left you turn into the woods to the right)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Very true. LOL. I figured he kind a new to the area

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Delta Lake
    Posts
    902

    Default

    If "Street Signs" help, it's called Corrigan Hill Road.
    And once you get to a clearing with a windmill (Huge) on your left, it's in the woods across from there.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    walnutport pa
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Not sure about snowmobiles but you can't take atv's into the woods.you have to park at road and walk in

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Wayyy South Jersey or Tug Hill
    Posts
    5,844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smasher8383 View Post
    Not sure about snowmobiles but you can't take atv's into the woods.you have to park at road and walk in
    Snowmobiles are allowed in but depending on snow you may catch a lot of roots.
    "Persistent Violator"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    home-sodus/camp-worth
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smasher8383 View Post
    Not sure about snowmobiles but you can't take atv's into the woods.you have to park at road and walk in
    Walk in... that’s hilarious. Every time we’re up there on wheelers we see people riding in there . Right past the tape and signs that say not to.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    walnutport pa
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sgviper View Post
    Walk in... that’s hilarious. Every time we’re up there on wheelers we see people riding in there . Right past the tape and signs that say not to.
    I ride atv's up there a lot and a few times when riding I seen sheriffs/dec sitting there

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •