Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3/22/18 Tug Hill, 215 mi

Default 3/21/18 Tug Hill, 215 mi

I have been riding Tug Hill for 25 years and want to report that I just experienced the best ride I have ever had on Tug Hill period. I have done many 200 mile plus days in the past but usually started at 7:00am and rode late into the night to do so. Also of those 200 mi days at best you got 150 good and 50 or more bad. Always some ratio of good to bad. Not yesterday. 215 all great to good. Started after 9:00am and loaded back up at 5:30 with an hour plus lunch break at Tuggers which was packed. Not going to do a trail by trail since everyone we traveled was awesome from 46 Corners to Talbots to loop above Copenhagen, Barnes, Winona, Little John, Flat Rock, rail bed, and even Swancott Mills. We passed the groomer coming out of Swancott as we were entering at 9:30am. Thank you to all the clubs and groomers for doing an awesome job and making my 2 1/2 hour drive up and back worth every minute of it. I still can't believe I had such a great ride this late in the season on the 2ND day of Spring!
    Last edited by Seneca; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:43 AM.

Good to hear you had a great ride.
    We are heading up there in the morning to put some miles on your old sled.

As long as you stay on the Hill or to the North you should have a great ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Seneca View Post
    I have been riding Tug Hill for 25 years and want to report that I just experienced the best ride I have ever had on Tug Hill period. I have done many 200 mile plus days in the past but usually started at 7:00am and rode late into the night to do so. Also of those 200 mi days at best you got 150 good and 50 or more bad. Always some ratio of good to bad. Not yesterday. 215 all great to good. Started after 9:00am and loaded back up at 5:30 with an hour plus lunch break at Tuggers which was packed. Not going to do a trail by trail since everyone we traveled was awesome from 46 Corners to Talbots to loop above Copenhagen, Barnes, Winona, Little John, Flat Rock, rail bed, and even Swancott Mills. We passed the groomer coming out of Swancott as we were entering at 9:30am. Thank you to all the clubs and groomers for doing an awesome job and making my 2 1/2 hour drive up and back worth every minute of it. I still can't believe I had such a great ride this late in the season on the 2ND day of Spring!
    I was wondering if you think the Copenhagen loop will be doable still on Friday morning based on the snow that was left yesterday? Thank you!

Default Copenhagen Loop

Last I heard it was good, that was about 5-6 days ago, been cold nites since

Quote Originally Posted by edgexc View Post
    Good to hear you had a great ride.
    We are heading up there in the morning to put some miles on your old sled.
    My old Sled !! ??

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris4life View Post
    I was wondering if you think the Copenhagen loop will be doable still on Friday morning based on the snow that was left yesterday? Thank you!
    Yes with a few thin spots that would be expected for this time of the year. Was good snow in the open fields that you thought would have been blown off.

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris4life View Post
    it should be ok,,,will be thin crossing 12 going up hill from BCSP trail into Copenhagen until you get to Cottage inn...from there should be good......watch for ruts in trails,,,farmers are getting out with the honey wagons.

I rode to Cottage Inn and stayed at Ridgeview on Wednesday night. There were some great spots, and some areas that I was glad it was dark out. I'd say after Thursday and Friday's weather, it's gonna be close. Strong March sun was out both days and marginal temps make it a roll of the dice. Having done 4000 miles this year I am opting out, but it depends on how bad you want it...
    Member of:
    Mexico
    Pulaski Boylston
    Square Valley
    Southern Tug Hill
    Barnes Corners
    TC Riders
    Kasoag
    Redfield
    Valley
    Winona

It's Tabolt. Not Talbot.

Default Great spring ride tug hill

yep i agree kinda ,,, started out at liljohn about 10 am the trail were perfect ,, if they wernt groomed daily they would be toast ,,, to montauge then to flatrock to the gorge ..all perfect with plenty of cooling snow ,, from talbots corners headed to highmarket by the north/south road .. lil choppy and some whoopdeedoos but still nice ... back up to the Hook n Ladder on the same great trails for lunch Spegetti and meatballs / sausage w/ garlic taoast was the special $6.99 delicious ....70 miles by then .. met a friend who said he knew a good no roads way back to liljohn .... ended up at Barnes Corners by dark ..Snows Pals wer grooming on Worth road... found our way back going by that covered bridge and made it to the truck at 8:30 .. i dont usually ride too much at nigh but the trails were great , no wind , plenty of stars out ..115 miles .. i plan on going again saturday morning ... " Ya Better Hurry Cause Its Goin Fast "
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast