View Poll Results: Do you support a vintage registration.

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I support a vintage registration of $25 and above yearly

2 8.00%
  • Yes I support a vintage registration of less than $25 yearly

5 20.00%
  • I support a vintage registration of $50 one time for the ownership of the aled

15 60.00%
  • I do not support any vintage registration

3 12.00%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage registration

Default Vintage registration

Do you support a vintage registration for sleds 25 years and older?

My fat fingers betrayed me. I support a $50 one time registration.

I would support a $50 one time registration on vintage sleds, but I donít know if I would support it on a ZR700 or an RXL. Maybe there arenít too many of them left? To me vintage seems like pre 1985.

Quote Originally Posted by orangef7 View Post
    I would support a $50 one time registration on vintage sleds, but I donít know if I would support it on a ZR700 or an RXL. Maybe there arenít too many of them left? To me vintage seems like pre 1985.
    I agree... 35 years would be the better number.

leaf spring sleds
    Treat it like your freshly poured cement driveway

I think in order to vote I would have to see what we are calling a vintage snowmobile. On our recent trip to NH they determine vintage to be anything 25yrs and older. Now being brought up in the 80's I can remember the Blizzards, several Cats , the TXL's and Indys being the sleds of the day. As someone now in their 40's that's what I personally would look forward to as a vintage sled. However some of the real diehards want only up to the mid 70's to be considered vintage. I think the question is how many times do we want to write this bill? We all know the inability of NYSSA's Gov't Affairs Comm to actually perform any type of reasonable legislation proposals so that really hurts those of us looking for some type of registration. In the meantime I have seen many sleds out there that would qualify for some sort of reduced registration being run with nothing on them. Many at NYSSA seem to think that is not what is happening but when they seldom leave the confines of their couches it is difficult to see.

My personal opinion, write it up for a one time registration per owner, on sleds pre-1995, at $50ea.

It has been reported many times that NYS DMV has absolutely refused to consider any type of special registration. They don't want to be bothered with special forms, stickers, etc. or determining what is or is not a vintage machine. This is why the current proposal is to change the law so that any snowmobile older than 1980 just does not have to be registered. Then NYS DMV is totally out of the picture.

Personally I like the idea of any leaf spring sled because that allows old Tundras and Elans and maybe a few others that may be a few years newer than 1980 but are still old technology, and also anyone can tell just by looking whether the machine qualifies.

Post Wasted poll

You are wasting your time...
    The only path forward is to start by getting rid of Cuomo.

http://www.trailconditions.com/vbfor...Vintage-reggie

I think what you see in snowmobiling, in terms of political support from the Governor's office, is the best it will ever be with Cuomo in office....other than having an upstate governor, which has not happened in nearly 100 years and is unlikely any time soon.

As for vintage sleds, I do not know enough about them other than riding one once for 1/2 mile and wondering how anyone lived to tell about it, and seeing them on the trails from time to time.

What is their impact on the trails, if any?
    Despite what you read on this site, we are in the Golden Age of Snowmobiling.
    Our trails are in good to excellent condition 90% + of the time.
    Our clubs are, for the most part, well-run by dedicated volunteers and leadership.
    Grooming is pretty consistent across the State.
    Your sled is likely the most comfortable, reliable and fuel efficient snowmobile you've ever owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris Star Rider View Post
    You are wasting your time...
    The only path forward is to start by getting rid of Cuomo.

http://www.trailconditions.com/vbfor...Vintage-reggie
    Ask NYSSA what theyíve done lately?
    Donít worry the employees got their raises so all is well with the status quo.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast