Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sled Insurance rates & sled choices

Default Sled Insurance rates & sled choices

Okay, I need some facts & some opinions regarding sled insurance. I know the rates go up after 600 cc's. But how much? And before I go online for quotes, I'd thought I'd try here because the online quotes incur credit inquires, which in turn can knock your credit score down a bit with each inquiry. I'm in the middle of a re-fi on one of the rental properties and want to keep my good score constant. I'm paying $296 for two 600cc Rev's.

So, I've zero'd in on a 2016 Doo 600 137" for $6500 asking price. But Pompey1 has infected my thinking to consider a 900 Doo 4-stroke. I want zippy response, with a 137" track, but don't care about top speed. My ol' '03 600cc carbed sled is fast enough. But I do want 15-year newer suspension and bar risers. (I needed to stand up on the Number 9 Road & RR bed earlier this week.)

So what are you folks appox. paying for what size sled (this is the fact part) And 2, any opinions on sleds?

Yeah, I know this ain't a trail condition report, but we need something to talk about........
    Cranky ol' white dude.

Pompey1 showed me that he pays $75 thru Progressive and is only lacking in collision coverage. He has fire & theft. '05 1000 Doo.
    Cranky ol' white dude.

My apex cost 450 with full coverage. I have since paid it off and it is now 140 liability only.

Default Here's some opinions

I am not sitting near my file cabinet and I forget exactly what I'm paying, but, it's on the order of about 350 a year for two sleds. Full coverage. Don't be scared off by the price of insurance when upgrading sleds. My experience has been that who sells you the insurance, and how hard they work on your behalf to package up discounts, makes a bigger difference in cost than the vintage or displacement of the sled.

I rode a '09 600 for the better part of a decade. When it was time to upgrade, I wound up buying a new, 2016 800, which was my brand's hottest go-fast sled that year. My agent went to work on figuring out some multiple-line discounts, putting the trailer on one of my sled policies, etc. etc., and the end result was that I paid, if memory serves, about 75 more to insure the 8 than I had been paying to insure the 6 -- not bad for a sled with a third more HP and 7 years newer? The difference in fuel mileage means it actually costs me less per mile to run the 8, than the 6.

I like working with an independent agent for this stuff, because they have more options and in my experience are more aggressive to help the "little guy" like me. I have done and continue to do a lot of business with AT Mathews and Dier in watertown. They "get it" about insuring toys, have been helpful any time I've ever had a claim or needed some documentation in a hurry, and the agents and their support staff are all on the ball.

Compared to your current ride, and given that you seem to be an avid CNY local rider, I think a '16 will explode your mind with joy. I'm a die hard polaris guy but I think highly of the 137" Ski Doos that you mention. I ride all over, but the vast majority of my miles are more or less local, in an area from Savannah to Little Falls, Marathon to Mountain View. The biggest difference that matters to me, between the last couple generations of R-Motion/Pro-XC/IGX suspension sleds vs. their predecessors of, say, 2015 and earlier, is that the newer suspensions' bump compliance and adjustability make the sleds a lot more useful day-to-day in the wide range of trail conditions we have here in central new york. You will find yourself making long rides, fast, even on bad trails without busting your ass so bad that you can't do it again the next day. Even in this uneven winter, Ive got about 3K local miles, every day I could just point the skis where I wanted to go, go far comfortably, and do it again the next day without feeling like I'd been punched in the kidneys. If all I rode was Maine and Quebec, having what I'll call a "versatile-suspension" sled wouldn't matter near as much. My .02.
    Last edited by Wantry; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oko View Post
    Okay, I need some facts & some opinions regarding sled insurance. I know the rates go up after 600 cc's. But how much? And before I go online for quotes, I'd thought I'd try here because the online quotes incur credit inquires, which in turn can knock your credit score down a bit with each inquiry. I'm in the middle of a re-fi on one of the rental properties and want to keep my good score constant. I'm paying $296 for two 600cc Rev's.

So, I've zero'd in on a 2016 Doo 600 137" for $6500 asking price. But Pompey1 has infected my thinking to consider a 900 Doo 4-stroke. I want zippy response, with a 137" track, but don't care about top speed. My ol' '03 600cc carbed sled is fast enough. But I do want 15-year newer suspension and bar risers. (I needed to stand up on the Number 9 Road & RR bed earlier this week.)

So what are you folks appox. paying for what size sled (this is the fact part) And 2, any opinions on sleds?

Yeah, I know this ain't a trail condition report, but we need something to talk about........

Some of the companies charge a lot since they see 900cc's. but its only 90 hp sled.

heard Met Life has great rates on sled insurance.

My BIL just went from '08 600 ho sdi to 900 ace. so far he really likes it. Goes good till 80 then slows down. but who rides that fast any way?

Skidoo has 1k off on 900's 2018's and 0% for 60 months.
    Tri-Valley Trail Riders

My expeirence has been cc's=$$$$, be it 2 strokes or 4 strokes. Hp doesn't mean sheet to them.

For my 2017 900 ACE Renegade Adrenaline I pay just under 450 for full coverage for a whole year. The 900 ACE in sport mode with the acceleration mode on 3 will get what you want. The perfect trail sled if your out to just cruise around and put miles on if you ask me. My friend has a 2017 with low miles (less than 900) he is selling, PM me for details if interested.

Have (had) a 2010 Ac f8 sno pro limited and I pay 200 a year from day one with State Farm.250/500/250 on liability $100 comp/collision.i have my truck,wife's car,quad,sled,sled trailer and home owners with State Farm and it is a stack policity and full torq.was up riding the 10th of this month on camp 4 when a guy missed two people that stopped on trail and came into my lane.hit him about 30 mph both have State Farm just got the news yesterday what I figured junk over 7g to fix.think I'm jumping ship from cat to a spring check skidoo 850 x.getting 5970 for sled and 450 for my helmet that got damaged in accident.
    Last edited by smasher8383; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:02 PM.

My 2016 Ski Doo Renegade X 600 etec costs over 200 a year for full coverage through Nationwide.

2018 850. $153.00. Full coverage. Everything I have is with them so there multi policy discounts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast