Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sled Insurance rates & sled choices

Thanks for all the replies. Crow man I just pm'd ya.
    Cranky ol' white dude.

Default Another vote for 900 ACE

For the record, I pay $209 for each of my sleds with full coverage, high liability, etc. Insurance premiums are all over the place, based on many variables.

How do you ride? Long rides, long distance cruising, fatigue-free riding...get the 900 ACE. Shorter rides, instant throttle response, ski pulling, lighter weight ... get the two-stroke. Both get the same gas mileage.

To me, the biggest the advantage of the 900 ACE is fatigue-free riding. Never noticed how much the sound of two-stroke got to me after a long day of riding.
    Despite what you read on this site, we are in the Golden Age of Snowmobiling.
    Our trails are in good to excellent condition 90% + of the time.
    Our clubs are, for the most part, well-run by dedicated volunteers and leadership.
    Grooming is pretty consistent across the State.
    Your sled is likely the most comfortable, reliable and fuel efficient snowmobile you've ever owned.

I have found very minimal difference in any costs between a 600 and 800 that includes insurance, fuel, and oil.

Have you tried other makes from the timeframe you are looking at? Or are you mindset on doo? I have owned all manufacturers sleds in the past 15 or so years and in the 2015-2017 timeframe my personal feel is that the ride position and cornering on the doo is not as good when compared to a Pro S or Pro X Switchback. Granted everyone has a preference and things they like in a sled but I know I dont feel comfortable at all sitting on a doo from that timeframe as its a much lower rider position. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by firecat12 View Post
    I have found very minimal difference in any costs between a 600 and 800 that includes insurance, fuel, and oil.

Have you tried other makes from the timeframe you are looking at? Or are you mindset on doo? I have owned all manufacturers sleds in the past 15 or so years and in the 2015-2017 timeframe my personal feel is that the ride position and cornering on the doo is not as good when compared to a Pro S or Pro X Switchback. Granted everyone has a preference and things they like in a sled but I know I dont feel comfortable at all sitting on a doo from that timeframe as its a much lower rider position. Just my 2 cents.
    I agree, I dislike the XP and XS chassis, so I never owned one. I got on the G4 and it just feels right almost like being on my 2004 rev chassis.
    Try'em before ya buy'em! Or at least sit on it!

I have progressive with $250 deductible for all: 2013 MXZ 600 carb $138yr, 2016 600 Blizzard etec $150yr, 2018 850 Blizzard $300yr, enclosed trailer w/ $4000 coverage $87yr, they have been great to deal with.
    On a side note the 850 is a monster and it gets great fuel mileage.

I pay $188 a year for the wife's 2016 900 Renegade and $140 a year for a 2014 XF7000 through Progressive. That's full coverage with no deductible.

Quote Originally Posted by oko View Post
    So, I've zero'd in on a 2016 Doo 600 137" for $6500 asking price. But Pompey1 has infected my thinking to consider a 900 Doo 4-stroke. I want zippy response, with a 137" track, but don't care about top speed.
    I have ridden the Ski-Doo ACE 900 and it is fun up to about 55 MPH and then the power sort of signs off.

Regarding insurance, I pay $277 (GEICO) for FULL coverage on 3 sleds:

- 2014 Ski-Doo XRS 800 ETEC
    - 2008 Yamaha Venture GT 1000
    - 2006 Ski-Doo MXZ 600

Insurance rates are based on many things: machine, claim history, age, driving record, and credit score / amount of debt.

Default Final Decision

Well it came down to a '15 600 Doo X pkg with 2100-miles or a '16 800 with under 800. Almost a coin toss. Same prices. I got the '16.
    And for those that recommended the 900 Ace, I couldn't even get the nose of one off the deck one micron. It sucks getting old.....
    See ya all next season!
    Cranky ol' white dude.

Quote Originally Posted by oko View Post
    Well it came down to a '15 600 Doo X pkg with 2100-miles or a '16 800 with under 800. Almost a coin toss. Same prices. I got the '16.
    And for those that recommended the 900 Ace, I couldn't even get the nose of one off the deck one micron. It sucks getting old.....
    See ya all next season!
    How many times can u dead lift the front of the 800?
    Winona Rec
    Pulaski-Boylston
    Redfield Assn
    Osceola Assn

Quote Originally Posted by Boylston rider View Post
    How many times can u dead lift the front of the 800?
    Zero times. I got it off the deck, but not by much. But a '16 with less than 800 miles for $7k.

The 900 Ace, I couldn't budge. The 600 was tough too. It sucks gettin' old.
    Cranky ol' white dude.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast