Thread: 3/31/18 Winona to Montague 75 mi

Default 3/31/18 Winona to Montague 75 mi

Unload at Bargy trail head thinking we would get a last ride around Winona forest. Was good enough to cross rte 17 and made it over to Hook & Ladder for Wings and a beverage. Amazed there was still enough snow to do it! 75 miles.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by Seneca; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:13 PM. Reason: add pics

More pics. Hook & Ladder. Trail head.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Seneca,
    Last week I asked about Salmon River Road and you suggested riding north instead of east on Little John. Thanks for tip, was a great ride and we avoided bare SRR. We did 139 miles last Friday. Will be taking that route again. Here's last Friday at the same exact spot on Bice Road in your picture. Mark

CHENANGO SNO RIDERS
    BC SNORIDERS

Quote Originally Posted by XCSP800 View Post
    Seneca,
    Last week I asked about Salmon River Road and you suggested riding north instead of east on Little John. Thanks for tip, was a great ride and we avoided bare SRR. We did 139 miles last Friday. Will be taking that route again. Here's last Friday at the same exact spot on Bice Road in your picture. Mark

Nice xcsp. Was thin today after the leaning house but doable. Little John/SRR was the better route today.

Yeah baby! Us hardcore's are proud of ya!

But Seneca & XCSP800 - which one of you Mutha's knocked my vacation home over? I was just getting ready to put a coat of paint on it.
    Cranky ol' white dude.

Ha! That old house is an iconic landmark. Love seeing it every winter. Fyi, If you do attempt one of these late season rides scratchers are highly recommended. I have the cable type and sled ran 30-40 degree's cooler than same sled without them. Though the Polaris's with the funky beaver tail tunnel's run cooler than the Ski doo's.