Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Has To Be A Place To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by INLINE4 View Post
    Canada is nice but crossing borders are not fun....NY for sure....
    Not fun?
    Cheaper then NY. Costs about $70 a night for room dinner and full breakfast. 29% exchange rate, canít beat it! 4100 miles up there this season

As long as all of your paperwork is in order and you have no convictions a border crossing is a piece of cake... Unless you are travelling with contraband there is no problem.
    I have brought beer back from Canada (request from a friend) at times. As long as you declare and are honest about it you are fine.
    I have crossed to Deer Island from Maine and the Canadian customs officer spotted a knife in the console of my car. He asked to see it and opened it. (It was a bit long) I pointed out that the blade did not lock. He handed it back and told me to enjoy my visit.
    "Persistent Violator"

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Not fun?
    Cheaper then NY. Costs about $70 a night for room dinner and full breakfast. 29% exchange rate, canít beat it! 4100 miles up there this season
    Jack,
    Think of how many mom and pop motels and restaurants in NY that would have loved to have your business!!!
    Mark
    CHENANGO SNO RIDERS
    BC SNORIDERS

Quote Originally Posted by XCSP800 View Post
    Jack,
    Think of how many mom and pop motels and restaurants in NY that would have loved to have your business!!!
    Mark
    I would think that they would need to earn that business by getting rid of the idiots on the trails.
    If we had lived in the North Country and travel to Canada was an option we would likely still be sledding but travel for 10-12 hours from South Jersey didn't make sense to us.
    "Persistent Violator"

Jack,
    Mark
    I/m sure they would. For me it's 5 hours to tug hill or 7 to QC. It's a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I/m sure they would. For me it's 5 hours to tug hill or 7 to QC. It's a no brainer.
    Where do you go in Quebec? I was thinking of making another trip but not sure where to go!

Look at Horace Forward Truck Trail which is the second Cam below the garage Cam on Paul's Worth Cam Page. Still looks good. Mark
    I can pull out of my garage, right up the side of the road and get on Horace Truck Trail, which I plan to do this weekend.
    That will give me access to other seasonal roads so I plan on jumping on my sled with my drone back pack and taking a quick scoot.
    www.northernchateau.com
    www.facebook.com/northernchateau

Default Ontario?

Jack, I have been to Quebec many times...looking to try Ontario for a change next season.

Have you been? Any recommendations?
    Despite what you read on this site, we are in the Golden Age of Snowmobiling.
    Our trails are in good to excellent condition 90% + of the time.
    Our clubs are, for the most part, well-run by dedicated volunteers and leadership.
    Grooming is pretty consistent across the State.
    Your sled is likely the most comfortable, reliable and fuel efficient snowmobile you've ever owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris4life View Post
    Where do you go in Quebec? I was thinking of making another trip but not sure where to go!
    Looks like a lot of trails have closed down. One last weekend from Le Cabanon with grooming last night. https://www.snowmobilecountry.ca/en/conditions/

just a FYI for all those looking to go to Canada
    if you have a DUI< your NOT allowed in the country without a pardon!
    even our ex President George Bush, needed to get a pardon to go there LOL

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast