Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Polaris ranger owners

Default Polaris ranger owners

New York says it weighs to much to reg here in ny. Has anyone done the PA reg thing to get around requirement so I can be somewhat legal and buy a trail pass.

We ride a lot in the summer on tughill.we are from pa and a few of my buddies have rzr1000 and xp1000 and never are messed with.got stopped at a few check stops and the officer (a old guy) told us as long as your not acting up they will not bother you.

Quote Originally Posted by smasher8383 View Post
    We ride a lot in the summer on tughill.we are from pa and a few of my buddies have rzr1000 and xp1000 and never are messed with.got stopped at a few check stops and the officer (a old guy) told us as long as your not acting up they will not bother you.
    As long as you are a PA resident... A NY resident trying to register in Pa is a different animal.
    "Persistent Violator"

Quote Originally Posted by bbxlt View Post
    New York says it weighs to much to reg here in ny. Has anyone done the PA reg thing to get around requirement so I can be somewhat legal and buy a trail pass.
    I register my terribly heavy (1150 lbs.) Honda Pioneer in Pa but I register my 3/4 ton 4 wheel drive GMC (6200 lbs.) in NY and travel the very same roads with no problems.

GG

Quote Originally Posted by groomerguy View Post
    I register my terribly heavy (1150 lbs.) Honda Pioneer in Pa but I register my 3/4 ton 4 wheel drive GMC (6200 lbs.) in NY and travel the very same roads with no problems.

GG
    If you are a NYS resident YOU CAN NOT register in another state!!

Quote Originally Posted by General Patton View Post
    I'm not sure about that, I have many friends that purchased UTV's from local dealers and the dealer registered out of state for them. I would call around to a few of the bigger dealers and ask.. I know my friends use their 1000cc wheelers on the hill without problems.

Quote Originally Posted by general patton View Post
    if you are a nys resident you can not register in another state!!
    totally wrong!!!

Iím a ny resident and have done it. Technically your still not allowed on the ny trail system pa reg. Or not!! Your still overweight. Like others stated if your not screwing around they donít usually bother you! Just insure it and pa plates may just let you slide by.
    Last edited by Tughillrzr; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by General Patton View Post
    You can register in another state and you can be ticketed as well.

My NY resident camp neighbors asked to use my PA address to register their NY overweight machines. No idea on the legality of it... I personally just bought a RZR 800 to avoid any potential hassle. It really sucks for folks who want to get the 4 seaters to bring their kids along, no real legal options..

This isn't just strictly for Polaris s/s's. Any s/s that's over 1,000 lbs cannot be reg in NY or at least able to ride/use trails like a ATV can----legally. Not saying you can ride 'em on NY trails w/o a prob like some have said, just stating what the law reads. Polaris and Cat well Textron do make s/s's under 1,000 lbs that can be reg, but those s/s's are mainly sportster models vs utility.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast