Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Polaris ranger owners

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    105

    Default Polaris ranger owners

    New York says it weighs to much to reg here in ny. Has anyone done the PA reg thing to get around requirement so I can be somewhat legal and buy a trail pass.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    walnutport pa
    Posts
    168

    Default

    We ride a lot in the summer on tughill.we are from pa and a few of my buddies have rzr1000 and xp1000 and never are messed with.got stopped at a few check stops and the officer (a old guy) told us as long as your not acting up they will not bother you.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Wayyy South Jersey or Tug Hill
    Posts
    5,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smasher8383 View Post
    We ride a lot in the summer on tughill.we are from pa and a few of my buddies have rzr1000 and xp1000 and never are messed with.got stopped at a few check stops and the officer (a old guy) told us as long as your not acting up they will not bother you.
    As long as you are a PA resident... A NY resident trying to register in Pa is a different animal.
    "Persistent Violator"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bbxlt View Post
    New York says it weighs to much to reg here in ny. Has anyone done the PA reg thing to get around requirement so I can be somewhat legal and buy a trail pass.
    I register my terribly heavy (1150 lbs.) Honda Pioneer in Pa but I register my 3/4 ton 4 wheel drive GMC (6200 lbs.) in NY and travel the very same roads with no problems.

    GG

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by groomerguy View Post
    I register my terribly heavy (1150 lbs.) Honda Pioneer in Pa but I register my 3/4 ton 4 wheel drive GMC (6200 lbs.) in NY and travel the very same roads with no problems.

    GG
    If you are a NYS resident YOU CAN NOT register in another state!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by General Patton View Post
    If you are a NYS resident YOU CAN NOT register in another state!!
    I'm not sure about that, I have many friends that purchased UTV's from local dealers and the dealer registered out of state for them. I would call around to a few of the bigger dealers and ask.. I know my friends use their 1000cc wheelers on the hill without problems.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by general patton View Post
    if you are a nys resident you can not register in another state!!
    totally wrong!!!

    Iím a ny resident and have done it. Technically your still not allowed on the ny trail system pa reg. Or not!! Your still overweight. Like others stated if your not screwing around they donít usually bother you! Just insure it and pa plates may just let you slide by.
    Last edited by Tughillrzr; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:26 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by General Patton View Post
    If you are a NYS resident YOU CAN NOT register in another state!!
    You can register in another state and you can be ticketed as well.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kutztown PA & Williamstown NY
    Posts
    284

    Default

    My NY resident camp neighbors asked to use my PA address to register their NY overweight machines. No idea on the legality of it... I personally just bought a RZR 800 to avoid any potential hassle. It really sucks for folks who want to get the 4 seaters to bring their kids along, no real legal options..

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    238

    Default

    This isn't just strictly for Polaris s/s's. Any s/s that's over 1,000 lbs cannot be reg in NY or at least able to ride/use trails like a ATV can----legally. Not saying you can ride 'em on NY trails w/o a prob like some have said, just stating what the law reads. Polaris and Cat well Textron do make s/s's under 1,000 lbs that can be reg, but those s/s's are mainly sportster models vs utility.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •