Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Polaris ranger owners

Default 1,000 lb limit

IT SUCKS TO LIVE IN ONE OF THE TWO STATES THAT HAVE THIS WEIGHT LIMIT OF 1,000 LBS. I USE MINE FOR SNOW TRAIL SIGNING AND BRIDGE WORK. ALBANY AND DOWNSTATE CARE LESS ABOUT UPSTATE NY. ITS NOTHING NEW! WE RUN OUR TRACK TRUCK AND GROOMERS OVER THE ROADS FROM ONE TRAIL HEAD TO THE OTHER AND THATS OK! I JUST LEAVE TRAIL SIGNS IN THE BACK OF MINE AND USE AN ORANGE AGRACULTURE TRIANGLE; WE BUCKLE UP WHILE RIDING THE SHOULDER OF THE ROADS THAT ARE LEGAL TO ATV'S . FOR A LOUSY 500 LBS THE STATE LOSES A LOT OF MONEY AND DISABLED VETERANS GET SCREWED. IF I GET NAILED I WILL POST IT!
    if i said it once, i'll say it again. what was it i said?

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    You can register in another state and you can be ticketed as well.
    Just like a NY resident registering a trailer in Maine.

Quote Originally Posted by orangef7 View Post
    Just like a NY resident registering a trailer in Maine.
    I asked my buddy about this who knows quite a few troopers and they told him as long as it has a current reg stickers, you will be ok. That being said though, some LEO still could give you a ticket for not being reg in NY So I guess that goes along the same line as what OP have said about riding s/s's that as long as your not misbehaving, you won't be bothered. Why pay NY DMV well north of 50-70 bucks /yr to reg a trailer while same trailer can be done in Maine for 20 bucks? Screw NY. Plus too, the dingalings in Albany have no clue as to how much $$$ they are losing by NOT allowing s/s's to be reg in NY. Why not reg horses and slap stickers on them for riding trails as they cause more damage to the soil/ground than most wheelers/sledders do? Come to think of it, anyone know who funds/maintains/develops horse trails?

Quote Originally Posted by General Patton View Post
    If you are a NYS resident YOU CAN NOT register in another state!!
    That's odd...stop up sometime and I'll show you my registration and PA plate

GG

Quote Originally Posted by groomerguy View Post
    That's odd...stop up sometime and I'll show you my registration and PA plate

GG
    Its not odd its NYS Law

Its not odd its NYS Law
    There are many odd NYS laws.

Quote Originally Posted by orangef7 View Post
    There are many odd NYS laws.
    There are many odd NYS people!
    "Persistent Violator"

Default Yes it's the Law in Pa

Its not odd its NYS Law
    To ride in PA you must be registered and display a plate, also need insurance. There is an exception for ATV's registered in another state that honors PA registrations. Since NYS still has it's head up its arse when it comes to UTV registrations those of us who ride in PA must register and display a PA plate. It's the law

If you ride in Pa you must be registered and display your plate issue by PA DNR

ATV Registration, Titling, and Insurance

All ATVs in Pennsylvania -- except ATVs used solely for business or agricultural purposes -- need to be registered and titled with DCNR’s Snowmobile/ATV Section. The money from ATV registration is used to:

•Provide funding to administer the program

•Maintain trails on DCNR-managed forests

•Provide grants to profit and non-profit organizations for developing additional riding opportunities in the commonwealth

In addition, if you plan to ride your ATV on property that is not owned or leased by you, you must carry liability insurance. Proof of that insurance must be carried with you when you ride.

There are no minimum requirements or coverage standards established by DCNR or the Snowmobile/ATV Law for the liability insurance.

ATV Registration

The type of registration you need depends on where you plan to ride your ATV:

General Registration -- This registration permits the ATV to be operated off the owner or operator’s private property. The registration fee is $20 for two years. The owner is provided with a registration plate, an expiration sticker, and a Certificate of Registration wallet card.

•Limited Registration -- This registration is for ATVs used exclusively on the property of the owner. There is no fee and the registration does not expire. The owner is provided with a registration plate and a card, but no expiration sticker.

In Pennsylvania, registration is not required for:
    •ATVs used exclusively as utility vehicles for agricultural or business operations
    ATVs owned by nonresidents covered by a valid registration in their state, province, or country that honors Pennsylvania registration
    •ATVs owned and used by a federal, state, or local government body
    •ATVs owned by a dealer who has been issued a dealer registration certificate and used only in connection with the dealer’s business

Registration Plate/Stickers

When you register your ATV, you will be issued a registration plate for your vehicle. An expiration sticker to be affixed to the plate will be issued for general registrations. This registration plate shall be securely attached to the upper half of the rear of the ATV. No part of the plate shall be in line with a tire.

The information on the plate must be clearly visible from behind the ATV. It is important to clean mud and dirt off your ATV registration plate at frequent intervals so the information on the plate is clearly visible.

Default My hope is

My hope is some f this energy is spent on contacting your elections officials. But my bigger hope is to hear from a ny resident with a pa registered utv and how it's done. And yes I have gone to speak with bill Magee and called David valaski.

Quote Originally Posted by bbxlt View Post
    My hope is some f this energy is spent on contacting your elections officials. But my bigger hope is to hear from a ny resident with a pa registered utv and how it's done. And yes I have gone to speak with bill Magee and called David valaski.
    Over weight Class 2 PA registrations do not meet the definition of NYS ATV VTL. Further note PA Reggie's are for OFF ROAD USE ONLY, not for public highway. In fact ALL ATV PA reggies are not valid in NYS.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast