Thread: Chautauqua/Cattauragus Cnty Conditions

Default Chautauqua/Cattauragus Cnty Conditions

Any new info on the conditions in Chautauqua and Cattauragus counties. Definitely planning to ride a lot tomorrow, we want 150 miles or more, was thinkin of a Stockton to Springville and back run. From the radar I've been watchin the last few days, it looks good but looks like some areas may have a lot less than others. I will stop back later, a friend from Chautauqua Lake who is supposed to ride tonight is gonna give me a report.

Just got back from riding - 8:00 Friday night. Rode from Bemus to Mayville to Findley Lake. Lots & lots of sow. We broke trail from Mayville to Pine Junction, got stuck a few times. A couple wet spots, nothing major. Passed a Mayville groomer & two Ellery groomers on the way back.

SCott

Sweet, I would think there would be a lot of grooming going on then.

Sat. am,
    Any new updates on amount of snowfall in Mayville?

Default ..

Headed to Catt. Co. to my camp tonight. they got 6-8" overnight on Thirsday night and I'm tyold it's still snowing there and supposed to continue through Sunday.

As the photo shows(I hope I loaded it right) at about 1pm saturday, there is a lot of snow. Taken near Cockaigne Ski Resort. The trails south of Forestville were groomed and superb from 11am till mid afternoon. Thanks to the clubs that groomed down there, they got out pretty quick and got it done. We rode from Forestville to Cassadaga, excellent trail lots of snow and groomed at 11:30am, from Cassadaga to Cockaigne, excellent trail, even more snow as the picture shows, and groomed, still was nice trail at 1:30pm, from Cockaigne to Kennedy the trails started to fall apart as there was a lot more riders out by then, still lots of snow, only one water hole that was pretty bad that was outside of Kennedy. Trails from Kennedy north after 4 PM were absolutely shot from all the riders out there. Smoothed out towards forestville at about 8:30pm. Now that the snow is beat in, if they groom tonight, should be some even more excellent trail tomorrow, Sunday. I wish I wasn't so dam sick with a cold I would ride tomorrow also. I got 145 miles on today so I can be happy with that. Too bad our group had 2 brand new sleds die on us today. 08 Cat F6 completely died with only a few miles and 09 YAMi APEX rear suspension blew out and had no dampening left, only 300 miles on his, he limped it home at 7pm. Hey, anyone ever have a F6 Cat die, restart, then die, restart, got worse and worse till it would only drive like a couple feet, put new plugs in it, no help, seems like an electrical problem , I hope the CAt dealer can fix him up fast, he has miles of breakin and test before we go to TUGHILL real soon. My final note.....I learned when following behind a 4 stroke, the fumes were worse than 2 stroke, MY OPINION ANYWAY
    Keep posting what ya see out there, I will post all that I hear from my friends.
    UNTIL LATER,
    Keith
    Last edited by toyman94; 01-10-2009 at 11:05 PM.

Stay off our trails until we get at least another foot of snow!!!!

PER FORM111 todaY!! TWO FEET IS NOT ENOUGH TO RIDE.. ALL YOU WILL DO IS PISS OFF LANDOWNERS!!

Default Funny

Quote Originally Posted by liberty3
    Stay off our trails until we get at least another foot of snow!!!!

PER FORM111 todaY!! TWO FEET IS NOT ENOUGH TO RIDE.. ALL YOU WILL DO IS PISS OFF LANDOWNERS!!
    You posted this while I was grooming, tool...... LOL

Thanks again FORM111 for the grooming work. So, with the cold weather the end of the week, this should make for some prime trail base. Do you guys tend to plan grooming even more when this cold weather hits to try to make a solid base. Just trying to understand you're processes as I would like to become a groomer myself. I went to the groomer meeting with Sunsetdrifters. I am new to snowmobiling last year and the club thing and plan on participating more and more. Don't know if I will get a chance to go along with our groomer guys as of yet but someday maybe they will call me.

it was a great weekend in Mayville riding. cann't wait for this weekend!!!!